Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay - I have long been one of those people who shake their head at those who park their fancy cars diagonally, way away from the others, taking up two spots - for fear of door-dings. But guess what... I THINK I'M ABOUT TO BECOME ONE OF THEM! (When my Solstice arrives, that is.)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Danno said:
okay - I have long been one of those people who shake their head at those who park their fancy cars diagonally, way away from the others, taking up two spots - for fear of door-dings. But guess what... I THINK I'M ABOUT TO BECOME ONE OF THEM! (When my Solstice arrives, that is.)
I dont think Ill double park, because that just pisses me off when I see it, but Ill definately choose the most remote location in any parkinglot, and if Im really afraid, bust out the car cover and throw it on

The way I look at it is if you cant find a deserted enough place to park well away from other people(say the place is really busy) chances are if you double park your taking a space someone else is going to need as well(good way to get your car keyed in my opinion)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I refer to people who feel the need to occupy more than one parking space "special people". They piss me off to no end. If you aren't willing to risk some door dings and rock chips, don't drive your car!

I always park at the back of parking lots. This is partially in an attempt to preserve my vehicles' finish, partially to avoid those "perfect parkers" who will block an aisle for 5 minutes while they wait for someone to pull out of a spot, and partially because I have found that it is actually quicker to park at the back and walk than to deal with the people at the front of the parking lot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
legion said:
I always park at the back of parking lots. This is partially in an attempt to preserve my vehicles' finish, partially to avoid those "perfect parkers" who will block an aisle for 5 minutes while they wait for someone to pull out of a spot, and partially because I have found that it is actually quicker to park at the back and walk than to deal with the people at the front of the parking lot.
Yeah we call em squatter round here....and I have a few strong words for them...shoot to kill! :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang. I gues I'll continue with my practice of looking down my nose at those double parkers.... I won't join their ranks (I promise!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Danno said:
Dang. I gues I'll continue with my practice of looking down my nose at those double parkers.... I won't join their ranks (I promise!)
Good to hear Danno Id hate to see a fellow solstice man fall in with a bad crowd :thumbs:

·
Registered
670 Posts
need the excersise

Did ya ever notice the ones who wait at the front of the aisle are usually the ones that could use the excersise from the back! A Subway shop near where I used to work and ate lunch had a handicap spot right in front of the door - who parked there were the large ones picking up three sandwiches! :cool: :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
As long as know one becomes a "stalker" with their Sol. I had parked at the back of a parking lot and was walking back to my car. Some woman in an oversized SUV (think Canyonero from "Simpsons") followed me all they way back to my car! I decided to stop, whip out the cell phone, and make a call standing in the lot. The woman then had the nerve to honk at me! She finally got PO'd enough to gun the engine and tear off looking for another space. I was worried she might come back to run over my little Sunfire, so I left quickly! :brentil:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Danno said:
Either that or just park diagonally next to them.
//
;)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
DLD84 said:
Yeah we call em squatter round here....and I have a few strong words for them...shoot to kill! :lol:
My wife and I came up with the term "Vulture" when we were in grad school. 10,000 students with parking permits looking to get into 5000 spaces! What fun! There were always cars "circling the corpse" looking for an entry point. We stopped calling them parking permits and referred to them as "hunting licenses".

Anyway, I agree that it is almost always quicker to park further out and "hike in". (I've got two good legs.)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Non Destructive Message for Diagonal Parkers

We were at a packed cheerleading competition for my daughter and a Mustang took two spots in the parking garage. I showed my opinion by wetting my hands and leaving some good smear marks on the glass. Easily cleans up but gets the message across! :devil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
jrdallas said:
We were at a packed cheerleading competition for my daughter and a Mustang took two spots in the parking garage. I showed my opinion by wetting my hands and leaving some good smear marks on the glass. Easily cleans up but gets the message across! :devil:
Not bad, another option is to get white shoepolish, just carry it around in your car and then write on their window in big letters "QUIT DOUBLE PARKING!" whenever you see something like that.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
There is a group of guys at my high school who have muscle cars (pretty nice) and they all diagonal park over about 4 spots each... but they do it in the VERY back of the lot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
pontiacinblack said:
As long as know one becomes a "stalker" with their Sol. I had parked at the back of a parking lot and was walking back to my car. Some woman in an oversized SUV (think Canyonero from "Simpsons") followed me all they way back to my car! I decided to stop, whip out the cell phone, and make a call standing in the lot. The woman then had the nerve to honk at me! She finally got PO'd enough to gun the engine and tear off looking for another space. I was worried she might come back to run over my little Sunfire, so I left quickly! :brentil:
Right on! I give those people a big one finger salute! walk your *** ten more feet to get into the Wal-Mart! It REALLY pisses me off when I see people drive past parking spots maybe halkway back on the lot to continue looking for a space closer to the building. But then I shake my head, take the spot, and laugh at them when I come out, my business complete, and see them still patrolling for the "perfect spot"

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chemist said:
My wife and I came up with the term "Vulture" when we were in grad school. 10,000 students with parking permits looking to get into 5000 spaces! What fun! There were always cars "circling the corpse" looking for an entry point. We stopped calling them parking permits and referred to them as "hunting licenses".

Anyway, I agree that it is almost always quicker to park further out and "hike in". (I've got two good legs.)
Indeed, you just gave me flashbacks of my highschool days, same with my college but Ive been taking a break so havent had to deal with it :party:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
pontiacinblack said:
When that happens to me, I like to hit my head with my hand, Simpson's 'Doh' style, like I forgot something, and then turn around and walk back towards the store. Man, the disgusted look on their faces is classic.

·
Registered
189 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
When that happens to me, I like to hit my head with my hand, Simpson's 'Doh' style, like I forgot something, and then turn around and walk back towards the store. Man, the disgusted look on their faces is classic.
In the words of Peter Griffin "SWEEEEEEEEEEET" :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm hoping my first "encounter" is small. I have three daughters, 25, 22 and 18. There is already a waiting list for when they want my Sol. I'll be happy just to get my Sol and daughters back intact. Remember, it's just a car. Ha,Ha, Ha. I'll cry after the first stone chip, then I'll get over it and start driving for fun as compared to "Defensive" driving. Anywhere we go with our Sols we are going to have people checking it out. I suppose it's the price to pay for choosing a great car and getting it while everyone is still excited over it. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
We had a person at one of the places where I worked who would take up two spaces so we wrote to tht pissed off colum in the paper and gave enough info that this person eyot the message and did not do it again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts