Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so everyone knows, the turbo bypass solenoid is no longer available almost anywhere. I've been looking for it now for 3 days. Part 12599817. Luckily I was just testing mine wrong...and mine is still good. I did find one, but they wanted $185 for it...

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
I found a few on eBay a few months ago. Some guy had a bunch of new ones.

There's another part that is very similar other than the bracket. Could be adapted.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Welcome Bonnie Blue to the forum.
I don't know if there is an actual list or thread on the forum that actually lists part's that are no longer available. I do know that a few rubber seals like 20818154 are no longer available for the coupe. Good to have you on board Bonnie .

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,457 Posts
As far as I know, there isn't a particular thread that addresses the parts that are no longer available. I would probably be a good idea to have such a thread as long as user could find it, a problem that suffuses this entire forum.

:thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
As far as I know, there isn't a particular thread that addresses the parts that are no longer available. I would probably be a good idea to have such a thread as long as user could find it, a problem that suffuses this entire forum.

:thumbs:

A valid point that made me think: How would someone create an index that would make it easier (or even possible) to find specific information in this kind of randomly-arranged format? For that matter, how you even know what to look for?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,457 Posts
Those of us that have been around the forum for years and years have a pretty good idea of what criteria to enter into a search. I usually use Google for the search, but I'm finding the Search incorporated into the forum header to be fairly inclusive, but there are some gaping holes in it's indices, which surface every so often.

As to answering the questions you pose in the previous message, I don't have a clue.

:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Bonnie Blue to the forum.
I don't know if there is an actual list or thread on the forum that actually lists part's that are no longer available. I do know that a few rubber seals like 20818154 are no longer available for the coupe. Good to have you on board Bonnie .
Thank you - Good to be here.... I have had Bonnie Blue for a while now, she has been good to me... As others have indicated there is a number of parts that are not longer available. Recently I did source GM # 12633355 from a local dealer, seems that it had replaced the GM # that had previously replaced GM # 12599817. It was damaged during performing replacement of the Position Sensors on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Position Sensors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Position Sensors?
Yes - recently replacement Camshaft (Bank A and Bank B) Position Sensors and the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Resolved a P0016 and P0017 code series. Did the trick.. :) Unfortunately had to replace the other part due to aging plastics, somethings tend to brake :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts