Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of the problem was dealers having multiple orders to put in, but doing those multiple orders at the same time from multiple terminals. They should have had ONE computer doing all the orders. This would have reduced the overbearing number of connections AND would have had the orders go through in the proper sequence. There were a few posting here getting 1st in queue, but #2 and #3 got their cars becuase of this overload.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think there were a lot of different problems...

1) Server. They should have expected what happened and had a decent server. 2000 x 5 PCs hitting enter every 5 seconds is still small potatoes. For the techies out there I'm sure you saw the Microsoft .net errors every 5 seconds :devil:

2) Timing. Opening ordering too late in season. People in the north created an extra crunch because everyone said holy crap I must get one NOW or else it will be winter again.

3) Marketing. Apprentice thing was cute but it created an avalanche. Many people maybe didn't understand that EOP is basically just a numbered car. If GM accepted regular orders today also it would have weeded out those who just wanted a car and those who cared about the special badging.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reason #2 is the sole reason I tried for the 1 of 1000. Syracuse winters are HARSH and getting a car in (maybe) August allows for maybe 1 month of good use before I woul dhave to store it.

If not for the EOP, I would be waiting 1 whole year before buying one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts