Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came into possession of a rolled 2008 base solstice. Need specific parts? Body parts mostly trash. But odds and ends of mechanical and interior may be of interest. Steering air bag blown.
I bought the wreck for some parts I need for my 07.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
😇 makes it kinda difficult tho to sell extra parts from St Croix.... if i was interested in something the shipping alone would be atrocious...

Bill
I have that problem here too. whatever a part + shipping to Brazil costs me, I end up paying around the same amount in duties. So things end up costing 2.5x their original US price.

Maybe from St Croix, small odds and ends such as switches, clips, small trim parts, would be able to be shipped. Plus maybe the OP occasionally travels to the mainland so he can bring stuff in his luggage to be posted within the US?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have that problem here too. whatever a part + shipping to Brazil costs me, I end up paying around the same amount in duties. So things end up costing 2.5x their original US price.

Maybe from St Croix, small odds and ends such as switches, clips, small trim parts, would be able to be shipped. Plus maybe the OP occasionally travels to the mainland so he can bring stuff in his luggage to be posted within the US?
i wonder if he can put his wheels in his carry-on?

Bill

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you can get to it, the bracket that holds the bottom of the cat to the engine block is most desirable to me, since mine snapped after about 14 years of autocross.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've read that shipping to Puerto Rico is cheap, if you can tolerate USPS, since it's US territory. I see St. Croix has a US zip code, may be true there too? OP, do you know?

Edit...
Got a quote, via PirateShip.com, for an 18x18x18 40 pound box to 00826 from Michigan. USPS was $126. It was a bit under $100 via USPS, if I sent it to Colorado. So a bit more. But UPS would ship the same thing to Colorado for $50, and it wasn't shown as a choice to St. Croix.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
Got a quote, via PirateShip.com, for an 18x18x18 40 pound box to 00826 from Michigan. USPS was $126. It was a bit under $100 via USPS, if I sent it to Colorado. So a bit more. But UPS would ship the same thing to Colorado for $50, and it wasn't shown as a choice to St. Croix.
via Pirateship? from St. Croix?
Did you speak to the captain? I hear that rum bribery is an effective tool in that profession...
yeargh.
🏴‍☠️

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just came into possession of a rolled 2008 base solstice. Need specific parts? Body parts mostly trash. But odds and ends of mechanical and interior may be of interest. Steering air bag blown.
I bought the wreck for some parts I need for my 07. View attachment 124352
View attachment 124351
That does hurt to look at! Wondering about a wind screen, (probably damaged if she had one) I live in Florida and some of my knobs are starting to fade. Wondering if they may be available? Thanks in advance….

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I wonder if OP is dealing with hurricane issues? News only covers Puerto Rico here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts