Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, am buying a Sky, and had to sort through a lot of information to get an idea of what improvements are available. Here is my short and sweet list of options, where I tried to remove the guesswork for replacement parts. I focused primarily on the Sky, but the Solstice is able to use 95% of the parts listed. The early major lifting is thanks to @Robotech

Here's the Excel sheet

It's a live document I'll be updating as I go.
I'm adding replacement parts too.
Be sure to check each tab.

Please feel free to add in the comments to contribute!

The main vendors for our platform:
DDMWorks - Research. Design. Driven.
Summit Racing
Performance Autowerks (also referred to as PAW)
RPM Motorsports
ZZ Performance
Redline Autoparts
Hahn Racecraft
Amazon

These are some of the options available:
  • Radiator
  • Rear Brace
  • Front Brace
  • Backbone Brace
  • Cold Air Intake
  • Bigger Turbo
  • Intercoolers
  • Charge Pipes
  • High flow cat or catless downpipes
  • Catback Exhausts
  • Coil Overs
  • Sway Bars
  • Front, Rear, Middle chassis and suspension arm braces
  • Limited Slip Diff
  • Clutches and Flywheels
  • Injectors
  • Extra injectors
  • Cams
  • Fuel pumps, both in tank and high pressure
  • Forged Pistons
  • Forged Rods (engine already has forged crank)
  • Intake Manifolds
  • Dash trim
  • Big brake kits
  • Larger brake rotors and better brake pads
  • Larger Valves
  • Heavier Valve Springs
  • Lighter Titanium Valve Retainers
  • ARP hardware for head and timing chain
  • ARP wheel studs
  • Carbon Fiber D-shaped custom steering wheels
  • Headlight and Tail light eyelids
  • Driver's pillar gauge cluster
Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also! If you see something that is specific to the Sky, almost guaranteed the same vendor has the Solstice version too (like fitted bag kit, fenders, etc).

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts

New LDK 2.0, sand cast block as opposed to the LNF's foam cast. I bought this engine last summer and have been very happy with everything about it. Comes with the larger ethanol friendly Opel injectors and fuel rail. Intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifold, turbo, flexplate, pretty much everything execpt the starter.

I spoke with the guy from ATK who placed the order for the engines. It's my understanding that the engines were new but had to be labeled as reman engines to be sold to the Finnish automobile maker Fisker, for their Karma. Last summer he told said that he still has "hundreds" of them.

Anyways, for $1999 delivered (they come out of Texas), it's a good deal.

My dad also dropped one into a GXP a few months ago, it's running great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

New LDK 2.0, sand cast block as opposed to the LNF's foam cast. I bought this engine last summer and have been very happy with everything about it. Comes with the larger ethanol friendly Opel injectors and fuel rail. Intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifold, turbo, flexplate, pretty much everything execpt the starter.

I spoke with the guy from ATK who placed the order for the engines. It's my understanding that the engines were new but had to be labeled as reman engines to be sold to the Finnish automobile maker Fisker, for their Karma. Last summer he told said that he still has "hundreds" of them.

Anyways, for $1999 delivered (they come out of Texas), it's a good deal.

My dad also dropped one into a GXP a few months ago, it's running great.
That looks amazing. I'm buying a higher mileage Redline, so that may be a consideration soon...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've spent much more than that on heads

So is that a typo? $1999? As in one dollar less than two thousand US dollars?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is no. They state they made a bunch for a customer, but the customer bailed, and they just want to get rid of them.

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
From the web page:
Surplus Sale SOLD AS IS NO WARRANTY
100% New GM Built European Replacement 2.0 LNF Ecotec Engines! These are no longer being produced by GM; this is the last of the supply! These engines come complete as seen in the picture. GM sells the long block alone for $6000 + $1200 core charge, but we are unloading these for $1999.00 (Sales Tax is Extra) WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!! This engine WILL NOT have a GM part # on it as it never existed in this dress. These engines were a special order for a private customer. We have to use our own part number system to print labels and it will say "Remanufactured by Non-OEM".This does not mean the engine is not "NEW", its just part of our part number system that has to be printed like this.

Reactions: skersfan

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
@ChrisBlair Not a typo, the engine made it from Texas to Denver in two days, then was delivered to my house on the third day. My dad's arrived to TN in 3 day's as well.

When asking ATK specific's on the engine they referred me to two different vendors, JNR and Martin at RPM. I called JNR and spoke with him for awhile and even went so far as to buy a cam with the ground down fuel lobe that he sell's (copy of ZZP's fuel lobe cam). JNR said that he'dd installed many of these engines, with no issues. Martin told me that out of 8 he'd installed, 2 had problems. He told me that one engine died with less than 250 miles on it. ATK sells them as is and told him that it died because he broke it in with synthetic oil as opposed to conventional oil.

I know the Fisker Karma used the LNF, so who know's? The engine looked brand new in every way; every single part on it. I've put several reman engines in cars before, and this was not that.

JNR Colbat:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I mean hell...I can see buying one just for the parts.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Everything. I put one in about 5 months ago. It has close to 1000 miles on it an runs perfectly. No codes, no problems. After my two years of dealing with a turbo upgrade and all that went with it, destroying a perfectly running car. This was a god send. I highly recommend going this way.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Comes with complete turbo, yes. And AC-Delco spark plugs, coils, thermostat, thermostat housing, most all of the hoses, GM break in oil. It's a very complete engine.

Mine came with a FWD oil pan that I had to swap over, along with the crank pulley. The intake manifold needs a hole to be wallered out and a new hole to be drilled and tapped, other than that the engine is g

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything. I put one in about 5 months ago. It has close to 1000 miles on it an runs perfectly. No codes, no problems. After my two years of dealing with a turbo upgrade and all that went with it, destroying a perfectly running car. This was a god send. I highly recommend going this way.
Comes with complete turbo, yes. And AC-Delco spark plugs, coils, thermostat, thermostat housing, most all of the hoses, GM break in oil. It's a very complete engine.

Mine came with a FWD oil pan that I had to swap over, along with the crank pulley. The intake manifold needs a hole to be wallered out and a new hole to be drilled and tapped, other than that the engine is g
That is amazing... and will hopefully be available in a couple of months...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'VE FOUND BUSHINGS, RELAYS, AXLES, AND SO MUCH MORE.
I combed through Rock Auto, the internet, and other retailers.
The doc has been hugely updated.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
GMPP tune...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Who is offering it and where?
GMPP tune for LNF engine (Cobalt, HHR, Sky Redline, Solstice GXP)

Part number 19369111 . if you look around you can get the kit with the adapter cables as well

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GMPP tune for LNF engine (Cobalt, HHR, Sky Redline, Solstice GXP)

Part number 19369111 . if you look around you can get the kit with the adapter cables as well

It's nice that you found those. I have found the sensor kit for less than $200. The problem is determining how much the flash will cost, as you have to go to a GM dealer near you, and their price could be different from a dealer near me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts