Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just passed up my allocation today because I really want the Onstar option which I believe will have an acoustic headliner in the top and we could not get the grayed option button next to "Onstar" in the Dealer's Autobook or other build site to active. I assume that there is a headliner with the Onstar option from things I've read here, but do the presently built Solstice have headliners already to dampen road noise? Also, I see that there is a thread about a "premium headliner" - does any one have any information about when those are coming out?

The Onstar option is priced at $695 and it does state that its "available approximately September 2005". Apparently, "approximately" does not mean now.

I will wait and hope that he gets another allocation and that I can get the options I want. The dealer went ahead and built the car in black [not red like the one I wanted] so I have passed the allocation. Was I CRAZY? Are there going to be other allocations in the South this year? Will Onstar and the headliner be available this year? Did not seem that the dealer could answer any of these question but the first one.

Trux
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just talked to "someone" with Pontiac Marketing Support [an 800 number] who told me that Pontiac deleted the Onstar option for the 2006 Solstice. Is this true and that none will have it?

Trux
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Back when the EOP thingy was going on I don't think we could get that to stick to my order either. I don't know if this has changed since then. The Solstice does already have a headliner, however, it isn't the premium one. I don't know, maybe SD can help you with that. Hopefully it will be available as an add-on though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
answer to your very first question: yes! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
yes.

edited: had a question in there. reread your post. took out the q:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
todd_raleigh said:
yes.

edited: had a question in there. reread your post. took out the q:
It will not be imbedded in the top, it will be in the driver's window pillar and the top was supposed to be quieter with the liner so it will work better with the top up, as I recalled discussed in a different thread.

Trux
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
trux said:
I just passed up my allocation today because I really want the Onstar option which I believe will have an acoustic headliner in the top and we could not get the grayed option button next to "Onstar" in the Dealer's Autobook or other build site to active. I assume that there is a headliner with the Onstar option from things I've read here, but do the presently built Solstice have headliners already to dampen road noise? Also, I see that there is a thread about a "premium headliner" - does any one have any information about when those are coming out?

The Onstar option is priced at $695 and it does state that its "available approximately September 2005". Apparently, "approximately" does not mean now.

I will wait and hope that he gets another allocation and that I can get the options I want. The dealer went ahead and built the car in black [not red like the one I wanted] so I have passed the allocation. Was I CRAZY? Are there going to be other allocations in the South this year? Will Onstar and the headliner be available this year? Did not seem that the dealer could answer any of these question but the first one.

Trux
Yep your crazy!!


:crazy: :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
now deluke are you not being alittle too harsh? mmmmmmm.... after thinking it over no! . btw only kidding at your expense. you must feel comfy on this vehicle to order it. wait a minute! i go back to my original answer to your original question YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
We've heard a headliner may be offered as aftermarket option.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
trux, I don't think it is crazy to pass this week on an allocation slot to hold out for an option that you want. I admire that. Especially since Solstice is one of the 2006 models scheduled to include Advanced Automatic Crash Notification. Great step ahead with a current OnStar feature. Did you also see this weeks press release about the OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics with monthly system status email?

We haven't heard anything about the OnStar option including a headliner. The $695 option price is the same as has been charged on other cars. ALthough there is nothing to keep the headliner from being the ultimate response to the noise issue. Also nothing about OnStar being cancelled either. Will see if any new info is available. But at this point do not bet the farm on an answer from the 800 call center.

Other then the mention is a sales training DVD and booklet, not much is know about the possible accessory of the Premium Headliner. Pontiac is trying hard to get all the Solstice accessories out quick. But no info on this one.

When I saw OnStar and September, I took it to mean available to order in September. So still on time there.

As far as anther allocation slot at your dealership, they should have their October allocation number and soon (perhaps next Thursday) should have it broken it to the weekly order cycles. Check it out and you will see when you future opportunities for allocation "pick up" are.


Bonzo Audit Scorecard ;)
Defend Dealership: No Accuse Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Accuse GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
You want what you want, but I think I could have over looked it not having the Onstar...no big deal just another 9 months for the Onstar option :lol:
 
G

·
I really wanted the OnStar, but I decided that I would pass on it so that I could have my car much sooner. I don't think you are crazy for wanting to wait though. I really wish there was a way to add it to a vehicle at the Dealership. It would make things much easier. I understand that they can't do that, but GM really should look at trying to find a way to do that. Then the Dealership could push it for vehicles that did not have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks SmallDealer. I've been having second thoughts all day. I'm disappointed that I can't get a straight answer about when the Onstar option will be available and whether it will even be available if and when the next allocation is made, particularly if its next week. Decisions, Decisions. Should I wait and will that mean it will be next Spring to get it with Onstar?

My dealer said something about being able to change the order he puts in between now and Tuesday when its picked up. Maybe I can call Monday and have the color changed if all the other options are there. SmallDealer, is that correct?

Trux
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
trux said:
Thanks SmallDealer. I've been having second thoughts all day. I'm disappointed that I can't get a straight answer about when the Onstar option will be available and whether it will even be available if and when the next allocation is made, particularly if its next week. Decisions, Decisions. Should I wait and will that mean it will be next Spring to get it with Onstar?

My dealer said something about being able to change the order he puts in between now and Tuesday when its picked up. Maybe I can call Monday and have the color changed if all the other options are there. SmallDealer, is that correct?

Trux
If a dealership gets an order in the weekly dealer order cycle, they see the results on Tuesday. They have the day to make any additional changes, within constraints (if any).

Will try to see if I can find out anything. Even if infomation becomes available, I don't think that GM's VOMS will be updated to accept the option.

See if they can check their allocation reports to figure out when their next allocation spot maybe.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: N/A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
trux said:
I've been having second thoughts all day. I'm disappointed that I can't get a straight answer about when the OnStar option will be available and whether it will even be available if and when the next allocation is made, particularly if its next week. Decisions, Decisions. Should I wait and will that mean it will be next Spring to get it with OnStar?
While it is speculation on my part, I believe that GM will make this option available. They have a special focus on safety features in their marketing division, and OnStar is considered a distinguishing feature for GM.

The wait will be nerve racking, but from the sound of it, you'll be able to jump in at your dealer as soon as the option becomes available... It will be a little like being at the front of the line, and saying to the person behind you, "Here, please go ahead of me, I need to wait a bit longer."

Your dealer sounds like a friendly forthright person. That can be hard to find, but worth keeping in close touch with the dealer. I'm willing to be that you can arrange with the dealer to have him or her place the order as soon as the option becomes available.

Best of luck, now the really nerve racking part begins, choosing the other options and colors! :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
trux said:
I just passed up my allocation today Was I CRAZY?
Trux
YES YES YES :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
...alternative

Crimson Avenger said:
Thanks, Small Dealer. I too had wanted OnStar just for the gee-wiz factor, but it wasn't available.

I am keenly interested in a noise dampening head liner, so I dearly hope that this option becomes an orderable/installable part numbered item. :yesnod:
Here's an idea....buy a hardtop. They have good noise dampening usually. I've had two converts. One with and one without a headliner. I actually preferred the one w/o. Less bulky. Easier folding. Even looked better. The headliner, over time starts to sag. I hope the Sols padding is 'minimalist'.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm weak. I'm going to try today to see if I can get my allocation spot I passed up. I have read and reviewed so much stuff lately that I just think that the Onstar option, while it would be nice, is not that big on my list of absolute wants. It may be that the Solstice with Onstar won't be produced until the Sky is and by that time the price on the options may have increased as well. As it is, the options already went up by $150.

I'm going to call and see if I can still get my alotment, since I decided that if Onstar was not available for the next allocation I was going to take it anyhow.

I'll let you know.

Trux
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top