Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I posted my dilema about my passeger present air bag sensor going bad. Through the forum I learned that it was a common problem with our cars and others and very VERY expensive to fix. Everyone was right. Pled my case to GM and told them the car had only 21,000 miles on it. Although they were sympathetic they said I'm beat because the car is 2006 and way out of warrenty. The used car dealer of purchase is also sympathetic and is trying to help me out although he does not have to. SO HERE IT IS........He found me a passenger seat for a $150.00 that I have to travel 170 miles to get because they won't ship. No big deal, I love driving my car and will go with MY PASSENGER SEAT REMOVED. The question is when I put the seat in and connect the connector, (providing the sensor in the used replacement seat works), will that automatically turn off...1. The red dash airbag trouble light...2. Clear the "service airbag" warning on the DIC.....3. Allow the off/on light and the passenger buckel up warning light that's on the dash to function properly. In other words when I replace the seat and plug it in, providing the sensor in this seat is good, will everything go back to normal or is it something the dealer has to clear? Sorry that was so long but I need the info if anyone knows. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. I did read that before and printed it out. It has to be rezereod. Seems like a common problem with no recall AND IT'S A SAFETY FEATURE. I guess someone has to be killed in order to get a recall.......God forbid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, if the sensor in the replacement seat is good ALL idiot lights will function properly. I just completed the exact replacement you are talking about. Plugged the replacement seat in and everything work perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts