Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if we will be able to disable the passenger air bag in the Solstice? Is this a standard feature of 2 seaters in general?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I would venture to guess, yes, because air bags should be disabled if you have a child in a child safety seat in the passsenger location. Single seat pickup trucks usually have a disable lock. Good question, though and it needs an answer from anyone who has seen maybe inside glove box.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Just a question based on a couple of assumptions: Assumption #1, (based on the rectangular display on the dash) GM will use an off the shelf passenger air bag sensor from their trucks (it automatically disables the passenger air bag when no weight on the seat is detected and displays that it's disabled). Assumption #2, there's a load sensor in the passenger seat.

In case I didn't fit (too tall) I had been thinking about modifying the seat rails or replacing the seats completely. But I wonder if this will even be possible with the "guess your weight" sensor built into the passenger seat???

My guess, like achieftain's said, Assumption #3, ('Cuz it's an integral part of the system they're using) They'll use the switch used in their trucks.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I for some reason recall hearing about a load-sensor in the Solstice... but then again, I may be imagining things.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There is an indicator on the dash that says "Passenger Airbag: ON|OFF." So like some other GM cars/trucks, there might be a switch in the glove box.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Fortimir said:
I for some reason recall hearing about a load-sensor in the Solstice... but then again, I may be imagining things.
No, if you look at the interior shots, you'll see a square rectangle - that's the occupant sensor readout - tells if there is someone in the passenger seat, whether they have their seatbelt properly latched. Similar to the one that's in the Matrix/Vibe.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Luc said:
In GM's options site, they suggest to put children in the back seat. :lol:
That's probably a mistake and they mean the trunk. :glol:

Solstice Options Site
Only works for small children. :glol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts