Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum

There are many threads that discuss this. You probably have a failed passenger presence detector sensor. If you take it to a dealer it will be between $800 and $1000

You can buy the seat sensor on line for about $150, do the install yourself and have the dealer do the calibration using their scan tool.

Here is probably more than you ever wanted to know about it

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f12/panssenger-airbag-sensor-75353/

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and it is a very simple job to complete although it requires a tech 2 to zero the new sensor. I was fortunate enough to have a co-worker who is a GM tech and he zeroed it for free. All in all around $200 by the time you buy it in Germany from a company that has a high shipping rate (more than the sensor) and only accepts Paypal but charges a premium to use Paypal. If you're going to do it email them and ask for a discount on shipping and so far they have agreed to a 20 euro discount from those who have posted. I'm not sure where the euro ended up after the brexit but it was very low (at least for a bit) and was a good time to buy. I did take pictures of the job and as I said incredibly easy. Even easier with two people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts