Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the passenger side door on my '08, the door ajar light does not come on, nor does the interior lights. Both work fine with the driver's door. Is that something I can check myself, or do I need to take it to a dealer?

Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm not even familiar with where the switch is! (Guess if you never have a problem with it you don't look for it, right?) Sounds like it might just be the plunger stuck on the switch.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
IIRC the switch is part of the latch (not an old-skool plunger). One of those things that if you need to ask, then probably a dealer or mechanic is best.

If you want to, you can track the wire from the switch and verify if it's working or not... It's the Pink/White wire on pin 19 of connector 1 on the BCM in the passenger footwell. Conn 1 is the top left blue plug.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At first, I thought the plunger was stuck, how hard could it be? But then, when I couldn't find the plunger, it threw me for a loop. Figured I was overlooking it, and felt dumb even asking.

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
At first, I thought the plunger was stuck, how hard could it be? But then, when I couldn't find the plunger, it threw me for a loop. Figured I was overlooking it, and felt dumb even asking.

Thank You
The only dumb questions are the ones you do not ask. If you have the question, five other people have the same one and did not ask.

Feel free to ask away. TS will provide the answers :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I open the passenger side door on my '08, the door ajar light does not come on, nor does the interior lights. Both work fine with the driver's door. Is that something I can check myself, or do I need to take it to a dealer?

Thanks
Mack
Hello Mack,

I am happy to help locate a dealer and set up the appointment. If you are interested, please private message me.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Mack,

I am happy to help locate a dealer and set up the appointment. If you are interested, please private message me.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Thank you for our offer. I'll take you up on that a bit later. I just got the car a couple weeks ago, it is not a daily driver, so the miles and seat time are slow to accumulate. The switch is not that big a deal to me, so I'll wait to see if anything else shows up, and get it all addressed at the same time.

Mack

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thank you for our offer. I'll take you up on that a bit later. I just got the car a couple weeks ago, it is not a daily driver, so the miles and seat time are slow to accumulate. The switch is not that big a deal to me, so I'll wait to see if anything else shows up, and get it all addressed at the same time.

Mack
Mack,

You are welcome. When ever you are interested in going to the dealer, I will be happy to assist!

Have a great day,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts