Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that there was a charge for PDI!
I dont believe it, but at the same time, I do. Lets clear this with your thoughts my fellow Solstice brothers.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Should be included with your dealer paperwork charges and licensing charges. No separate charge for PDI inspection at any dealer I've been too.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Other than a charge for the actual sticker for state annual inspection and maybe the emissions test, which here costs more than the regular inspection I would object to anything outrageous. A certain amount of PDI is considered normal part of prepping car from transport to delivery and should be absorbed by the dealer as a cost of sales. But any additional incidental could be understandable. Are we talking $49.99 or $499.99?

·
Registered
337 Posts
No charge from my dealer for the PDI inspection - but he did say because the Solstice is new, GM's list to check would take three hours instead of the one hour on any other new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your dealer continues to insist on this, ask him for the cell phone number of the GM Area Service Manager and/or the Area Vehicle mgr (depending on the size of the zone may be the same person) for your zone. Without going into GM Policies and Procedures (priviliged info), the GM-required PDI is NOT something that should be charged to the customer under any circumstance.

It may be he's just trying to stick you with an additional cost. If he passes it off as a PDI-charge the ASM will almost certainly be very interested in that. :devil:

·
Registered
115 Posts
PDI is actually your first warranty claim...

and hopefully your last!! PDI is paid through the warranty billing system just like replacing a window motor under warranty is paid. Some GM pdi's will run 1.5 hour...some are 3 hours! Depends on the car and the amount of "junk" that has to be installed at the dealership. He may be trying to gig you for the "clean for delivery" charge or something silly like that...if that is the case tell him no thank you and wash it yourself. PDI includes removal of the protective plastics and basically getting the car ready to roll down the road. It does not pay for any state mandated inspections or anything else that is not part of a standard delivery across the U.S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts