Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking it would be fun to drive to the top of Mt Evans and then the top of Pikes Peak (or visa-versa) in one day. Would not leave much time for sightseeing on either peak, but its about the drive

Thinking towards the end May.

Anybody up for a drive?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think it is now paved. There was a lawsuit about the gravel eroding annually and screwing up things below. I think it was to be completed in 2011 and there was some speculation as to the continued racing if it were paved citing it would be detrimental. Not positive it was finished.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they did pave the Pikes Peak road bottom to top! Drove it last year and all smooth and Sports Car friendly!

The Lotus people are recommending the following route

Pikes Peak
Mt Evans

130 miles

Any input?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
That sounds like a great time! Wish I lived closer. Been to the top of Mt Evans (used to be the Highest Paved Road in America),But not in a Kappa, or is PP taller? Anyway the view up top was spectacular on a clear day. You'd have to catch a clear high pressure day to do the runs and probably early in the day before any clouds begin to build. But what a run it would be.
If you guys go, take pics and post them, I'd love to see those!!!

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Been to the top or Mt. Evans in my Solstice, and to the top of Pike's Peak via the cog rail. This proposed run sounds like fun. I would do it in heartbeat if I lived within a couple hundred miles of the run.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am thinking it would be fun to drive to the top of Mt Evans and then the top of Pikes Peak (or visa-versa) in one day. Would not leave much time for sightseeing on either peak, but its about the drive. Thinking towards the end May. Anybody up for a drive?
I must admit this intrigues me somewhat, as it is the closest run so far (still 15 hours away) that I might go on and meet other like minded people to myself.

I do realize living out here in the Canadian Boonies that my chances of meeting Sol/Sky people are few and far between.

I will give this run some serious thought.

Terry

·
Registered
81 Posts
We do weekend cruises April through September. You are welcome any time.
Thank you very much Rob, as I said there really isn't too many cars of this type around here, so I understand I may have to travel. I was surprised to learn of a Saskatchewan Kappa Club which I joined and hope to meet up with some of them soon.

Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts