Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one on their 2.4??

Your thoughts?

If you haven't tried it on the Solstice but another vehicle I wouldn't mind your input on that either.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
6,986 Posts
These things make you feel like you have better throttle response because they amplify what you are doing. You can get the same result by pushing the pedal further down.

I found this very informative whitepaper by someone who did a very thorough analysis of one, and his conclusions are spot-on with what most people have concluded.
One note: His analysis is directed toward the adaptive throttle used by Mercedes, but the technical descriptions of the SprintBooster and how it works are applicable to any platform.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,207 Posts
Interesting paper. Thanks for sharing.

I drove my Ram daily for five years until I got my Tacoma as a daily driver. I then drove the Taco for a couple of weeks before I got into the Ram again. The Ram has a hemi and plenty of power. And its throttle is relatively sensitive at low settings. After adapting to the Tacoma's throttle response (very slooooow) I had to make a significant change to my throuttle usage in the Ram to keep from shredding the tires. Kind of like using a sprint booster. I did not like the experience.

·
Super Moderator
6,986 Posts
Interesting paper. Thanks for sharing.
One interesting point near the end of that paper concerned reliability, specifically that these devices are usually not made to the highest of quality and reliability standards, and a failure would result in the throttle:
1) Going to zero.
2) Freezing where it is.
3) Going to maximum.
None of these are particularly desirable, so add increased risk to not being beneficial.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Agree that the white paper was an interesting read. It was kind of what I thought these devices were doing, but a much clearer description. Basically you have an "anti-nanny" falsely pressing the accelerator faster than you are, but ultimately ending up at the same place.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Well...on the Facebook page a vendor has them all convinced to buy this or something similar.

I have a Tazer for my Charger (plugs into OBDII port). It doesn't do anything for performance, but it give me true line-lock, it opens the active exhaust, gives me a great light show (unlocks the police lights that are loaded into every Charger) and a few other cool features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts