Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Pending" EOPs: VOM Association Deadline 2005-04-30 18:00-07

Deadline Extended! (can't change thread title)
New deadline is 2005-04-30 18:00-07

Be sure to get your VOM 6 digit order number associated with your EOP "Pending" entry soon! The deadline is 2005-04-30 18:00 Pacific:
  • 9:00 PM EDT
  • 8:00 PM CDT
  • 7:00 PM MDT
  • 6:00 PM PDT
See the thread at: FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info) for more information.

·
Registered
515 Posts
New Sales Guy

My sales guy got me an EOP slot but got ahead of himself. In the solstice1000 website he entered the dealer's BAC code instead of my VOM confirmation number. He called EOP HQ a week ago and told them he screwed up, but the wrong number is still showing up on the solstice1000 website. Suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chris,

Do you have your VOM confirmation number. If yes, I would call the Solstice HQ @ 866-539-0256. Some representatives are better than others so it wouldn't hurt to call a couple of times to see if you can make some headway.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, I figured that was my best (only) option at this point. If I don't get a confirmation call in the next few hours, I'll give that a shot.

Fingers Crossed!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Chris said:
Yeah, I figured that was my best (only) option at this point. If I don't get a confirmation call in the next few hours, I'll give that a shot.

Fingers Crossed!
I would call now rather than later.

I don't think that the confirmation call has anything do with your VOM number, and there is no guarantee that they will call today for confirmation. I believe they will be making confirmation calls for the next few weeks.

While I'm hoping to get an EOP slot, I would hate for it to be because your salesman screwed up.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My dealership got 4 EOP orders and after the cars were gone, we had tried to enter my VOM number in (which of course didn't work, as was the case for everyone, due to having letters in it). The sales manager tried using another (all numeric) number on one of the other orders and it accepted it, but of course it wasn't the right number. I told him I didn't think that was right and not to try on mine until he confirmed with Pontiac.

To make a long story short, he finally found out that I was right and it was the wrong number and he has been going back and forth all week trying to get Pontiac/EOP headquarters to fix the problem. They supposed have corrected it, but he told me it has been a major pain in the a** and he is still not sure if it's right. Glad mine has the right VOM number entered!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Called about 4:30. Was told to put my story in writing and fax it to her at EOP HQ. Also, she confirmed that the deadline to have VOMs in via the solstice1000 site has been moved to 30th. Glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation though.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris said:
Called about 4:30. Was told to put my story in writing and fax it to her at EOP HQ. Also, she confirmed that the deadline to have VOMs in via the solstice1000 site has been moved to 30th. Glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation though.
Thanks, I'll update the FAQ. :cool:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Does this mean that we can also still make changes to our EOP order in the VOMs/Autobook system until then even if it's already entered? In other words, could we still change the color or options?

Also, are there any pics of actual cars in the other colors out there somewhere? I'd really love to see the red and blue in real life and not just the color-morphed images I've seen so far.

·
Registered
515 Posts
SlySol said:
really love to see the red and blue in real life and not just the color-morphed images I've seen so far.
This post may interest you. It gives listings of other GM vehicles that share the colors.

·
Registered
936 Posts
SlySol said:
Does this mean that we can also still make changes to our EOP order in the VOMs/Autobook system until then even if it's already entered? In other words, could we still change the color or options?
I think you can, I told my dealer to upgrade me to the leather package a week ago and he still hasn't done it. Always some excuse about the system down. He promised he would get it today and I am getting pissed. Dealer tells me there is no deadline for changes. He made mention as long as it is not ready for production in the system it is ok.

·
Registered
905 Posts
So I need to get a VOM # even if I'm not getting one of the first 1000s? The only thing I've done so far is give that code from the apprentice website to the dealer. I did that last Thursday. He said I was #2 on his regular allocation. I didn't pick any options or anything as he said I wouldn't need to do that yet.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealers themselves are not eligible for 1st 1000, only customers

Chris said:
My sales guy got me an EOP slot but got ahead of himself.
Is your sales guy aware that he is not eligible to participate in the 1st 1000 EOP? He will almost certainly be disqualified, and his spot will go to the next person on the waiting list.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Is your sales guy aware that he is not eligible to participate in the 1st 1000 EOP? He will almost certainly be disqualified, and his spot will go to the next person on the waiting list.
I think he meant he got "ahead of himself" as in "his fingers were typing faster than his brain was working" and entered the wrong number.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VOM is part of your order process...

Adrenaline said:
So I need to get a VOM # even if I'm not getting one of the first 1000s? The only thing I've done so far is give that code from the apprentice web site to the dealer. I did that last Thursday. He said I was #2 on his regular allocation. I didn't pick any options or anything as he said I wouldn't need to do that yet.
There is a difference between "needing" to and having the ability to. Dealer practices vary, but the Solstice is now listed in the AutoBook system, and vehicles can be "built" (options selected) and after they are entered into AutoBook, they can be posted by "satellite" into the Vehicle Order Management system [VOM]. Once that "satellite" step is done, I believe that's when you get a VOM 6 digit order number [really it's letters and numbers, but...]

Have you placed your deposit yet? If not, you still have some substantial options. There is one critical question you need to ask your dealer, "How many units do you have in your first 4 month allocation?" If you don't get a clear unequivocal answer, then your suspicions should be raised. The reason that I say that is many, if not most, dealers have already taken deposits, and put in VOM orders for all of their first 4 month allocations. So when coupled with the fact that some dealers have ZERO cars allocated to them in the first 4 months, you may not be in as certain a position with regard to your order as you had hoped. The option you have, if you haven't placed your deposit yet, is to find a more cooperative dealer--don't be afraid to drive to a different dealership.

Now, perhaps most importantly, BEFORE you hand them a check for your deposit, be sure to talk about whether or not you can buy the car for MSRP without Dealer or Market based markups. If the answer is, "Sure, you can have it for MSRP," then before you give them a check, have them sign a form more like this: Get your MSRP agreement in writing!

Now to answer your question more directly, you don't have any car ordered with your dealer (regardless of your verbal agreements) until you have a VOM order in the system and a deposit placed.

One thing to keep in mind is that while a dealer may have an allocation for the first four months, if they don't have VOM entries in, then their cars won't start production until some time AFTER they put in their VOM orders. The result is that while they CAN get those units, they won't get them until they are ordered. Delaying the VOM entries will only push back the start of the production of their units, scheduling them in the factory later than those dealers with VOM entries in. While there are some other criteria that GM uses to select the next VOM order to send down the assembly line, and it's not strictly a first in first built formula, what IS certain is that if there is no VOM order in, there will be no car started down the line.

Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks for the info. I talked to another sales person today from that dealer who said I'd need to put $1,000 down in order to get an order in which is quite the opposite of what the other guy said last week. I left a message for the guy I spoke to last week to see what was up and if it's worth my time to drive down to VA to hand over a deposit. It's a 3 hour drive both ways so it's not that convienent.

·
Registered
515 Posts
SlySol said:
I think he meant he got "ahead of himself" as in "his fingers were typing faster than his brain was working" and entered the wrong number.
You are correct, sir. I got the one and only EOP car from my dealership. My sales guy is a newbie and had never actually ordered a car so he wasn't sure what a VOM number even was. It said it was looking for a 6 digit number and the only 6 digit number he knew was the BAC code. The rest is history.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I think you can, I told my dealer to upgrade me to the leather package a week ago and he still hasn't done it. Always some excuse about the system down. He promised he would get it today and I am getting pissed. Dealer tells me there is no deadline for changes. He made mention as long as it is not ready for production in the system it is ok.
What was your rationale for not ordering every option available on a first 1000 car in the first place? Too cheap?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
HeadsUp said:
What was your rationale for not ordering every option available on a first 1000 car in the first place? Too cheap?
Being too cheap and not knowing if you can afford it or not are two totally different things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts