Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:brentil: some how i went from pending to waitlisted. cant figure it out. the dealership told me yesterday that i was pending and i went up there today to get the print out and it now says waitlisted

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sorry, man... That really hurts. :-(

Sly1 said:
:brentil: some how i went from pending to waitlisted. cant figure it out. the dealership told me yesterday that i was pending and i went up there today to get the print out and it now says waitlisted
Chances are pretty good that you never were pending. While there have been a few cases of the screens saying one thing and people having print outs showing pending only to later show wait-listed, I think it's far more likely that the dealer didn't understand what they were reading on the screens. :nonod:

Man, that sucks! :(

One way to find out is to get your print that shows your "induction time". We can then compare the time stamp with the list that we have. Basically, if your time stamp was before 2:42 Eastern, then you might have been one of the unlucky few. If your time was 2:42 or later, then you were most likely always wait listed from Friday 2005-04-15.

At this point, however, just try to remember that you wanted the car for all of the right reasons, and you're probably first on your dealer's list for his first 4 month allocation cars.

If the dealer isn't getting any cars for his 4 month allocation (there are a few dealers in that condition), then I suggest you start calling other dealerships, and ask two critical questions:
  1. Do you have any of your regular allocation cars (non 1st 1000) that have not been spoken for by a customer?
  2. Will you sell it for MSRP without dealer or market based mark-ups?
If either answer is no, keep going.

If you do find one, cancel your wait list so you can get your deposit back (it's refundable by program rules) and take with you a deposit acceptance agreement to the new dealer at the time you go to place your deposit. If they won't sign a piece of paper to offer you a 2006 Solstice at MSRP, walk out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are always so helpful and i greatly appreaciate that. like in my earlyer posts i do have 2 on order. one throught the eop and then one that is in the normal order process. that one was approved and i am like #12 on that order list. i guess they went strait to pontic to do that one. eather way i will get it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sly1 said:
you are always so helpful and I greatly appreciate that. like in my earlier posts I do have 2 on order. one through the EOP and then one that is in the normal order process. that one was approved and I am like #12 on that order list. I guess they went strait to Pontiac to do that one. either way I will get it.
You know, the whole thing STILL sounds a bit suspect to me. #12 is VERY far down the list. The GIANT dealers are getting close to that number allocated, but more normal allocations for large dealers seem to be somewhere between 5 and 7 for the first 4 months. I am very skeptical of your dealer, and #12 is not likely to get you a car any time soon (read that as meaning: until next early next year).

Go to pontiac.com, put in your Zip code, and print out the list, then get on the phone, and ask if they have any of their allocation as yet unsold--as mentioned above.

If you find one, the additional resource you will need is the deposit acceptance agreement. I've posted it at: Be sure to get your MSRP in writing... You can delete the language covering the EOP, insert your own name and the dealer's name. Then, before you hand him your deposit check, have the dealer sign it. If he won't, walk out, and go to the next dealer.

Also, don't be afraid to drive a little ways (up to 300 miles) make it a road trip to get the machine.

I would strongly encourage you to start hunting down another dealer. I've seen many other forum members who have had good success at finding a dealer with more than one uncommitted allocation, and that are willing to sell at MSRP.

I bid you the best, but you are by no means out of the woods yet. Sorry, I wish it were different. :(

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hook'em said:
I am wait listed and my inputting time was done by about 2:35. What do you think the chances are of me moving onto the EOP list?
Speculating only, they're better than most. That's fairly early for a wait-list. Did you get to see the time stamp yourself, or did the dealer just tell you.

Many of us are hopeful that Pontiac will disqualify some of the dealers who have been posting their 1st 1000 Pending slots on EBAY. We're also hoping that some folks drop out when they hear the long lead time for the cars. Then too, there were many many reports of "wives of dealers" and other GMS eligible folks getting into the 1st 1000 pool, it's far from hopeless. Is it likely? Well, it's really hard to say. Is it possible, most definitely!

Now, as I have said in my post at: FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info) Do not despair. Try to remember that for most of us who have been following this car for a while, we fully expected to just be in the normal order cycle with deposits down and orders in to the regular allocation at the dealer. Don't forget why you put a deposit down in the first place, you wanted the car for enough of the right reasons to buy it. That part has not changed. You've just got a bit more work ahead of you.

To directly answer the question you didn't ask, if you're not already in a position with your dealer to take one of his regular 4 month allocation units, then consider a broader search of dealerships. You can still get a car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer got the waitlist message on the EOP and then decided to go on the retail order side of the system and received a Retail sold status (he has 1 allocated and it is mine if I don't get EOP'd) on it at 2:37:47. So he put my order for the EOP and then re-entered info and got a 2:37:47 time stamp on the non EOP side. My guess is the EOP information was done by about 2:35. Unfortunately, he did not print the page that stated EOP Waitlist and that time.

Thanks for any and all information!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Finding your EOP time stamp & dealer first 4 month allocation

The dealer can, and should, return to the solstice1000.com web site and login using his password.... I covered this in some detail in the FAQ mentioned in my previous posts, but to expand on that a bit, you check your status using the search screen and see the official intake time on your wait list entry.

This will put your mind somewhat at ease, but keep in mind, if you don't get advanced from the wait list into the 1st 1000, then you still have an order in with your dealer, and that's good.

The time stamps on the orders placed in AutoBook and satellite transferred into the VOM system don't matter at all. As long as there is one there, it can be associated with your EOP registration.

Now your next step is to verify with your dealer how many units they have in their first 4 month allocation. You will get a car, the timing part is the only question. From the sound of it, you're probably close to first at your dealer for their regular allocation. You just need to find out what that allocation is. I say this because there are some dealers who do not have any allocation for this first 4 month interval. Chances are your dealer will have somewhere between 1 and 4 units in his allocation.

Note well, the first 4 month allocations are completely separate from the 1st 1000 EOP orders. The 1st 1000 are extra units beyond the regular allocation numbers. So, get out the clue-by-four and have at your dealer. If they don't know, have them call their regional sales representative. If that doesn't work, have them call Pontiac directly. You'll need to be a bit tenacious, but, "The answers are out there...."

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also went from pending to waitlisted this week:

Last Friday: I too saw the apprentice, registered, went to my dealer early, ordered a black solstice-- and was convinced for a week that I had ordered on of the first 1000.

Saturday: after the order, I called the salesman to learn that my order was the only one from their dealership to get on the first 1000 list. How lucky!

Monday: Read some posts here and called again to get my time stamp... 2:02.

Wednesday: Called again to verify that I was indeed "confirmed pending" YES!

Thursday: Called again to have the dealer fax me the VOM sheet. It came back with a large portion blocked out. Starting to feel not-so-lucky.

Friday (today): Called the owner of the dealership and he admitted that although the order was placed at 2:02, he had some busy server errors and stayed on untill 2:15. He then admitted that (guess what?) I was on the waitlist, not on the confirmed pending list and he did not get me one of the first 1000 orders.

Gotta love 'em for building excitement!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I;m sorry--I wish there was something I could do.

misled said:

Friday (today): Called the owner of the dealership and he admitted that although the order was placed at 2:02, he had some busy server errors and stayed on untill 2:15. He then admitted that (guess what?) I was on the waitlist, not on the confirmed pending list and he did not get me one of the first 1000 orders.
These stories just tear at me. :nonod:

There was a lot of confusion for the Dealers on Friday. I had first hand experience. Yours apprears to not be unique experience afterall...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
misled said:

Last Friday: I too saw the apprentice, registered, went to my dealer early, ordered a black solstice-- and was convinced for a week that I had ordered on of the first 1000.

Saturday: after the order, I called the salesman to learn that my order was the only one from their dealership to get on the first 1000 list. How lucky!

Monday: Read some posts here and called again to get my time stamp... 2:02.

Wednesday: Called again to verify that I was indeed "confirmed pending" YES!

Thursday: Called again to have the dealer fax me the VOM sheet. It came back with a large portion blocked out. Starting to feel not-so-lucky.

Gotta love 'em for building excitement!
I hope that was your local time you are talking about because if you would have had a confirmation at 2:15 Eastern time you would have beat everybody else by about 7 minutes :brentil:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Early "pendings" ARE possible!

achieftain said:
I hope that was your local time you are talking about because if you would have had a confirmation at 2:15 Eastern time you would have beat everybody else by about 7 minutes :brentil:
Seems like what happened from his story was that the dealer didn't stay with it for the 40 minutes of refreshing it took...

These stories are very sad. I'm starting to feel really bad. :(

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Too many things have a time stamp... It's confusing the dealers and our colleagues!

With time stamps for AutoBook, VOM Satellite transmission, VOM confirmation, and EOP intake time... I am afraid that often, the time stamp being asked for is NOT the time stamp being given.

Most of the problems appear to be coming from folks who call their dealers and ask the question, "What's my time stamp?".

Seems like it's way better to invest the time to drive back to the dealership and "look upon you with my own eyes"... (oops, sorry for the StarWars Episode 6 reference...) Ahem... "look at the solstice1000.com screen with your own eyes."

Again, all of you, my thoughts and hopes go with you as you venture to the dealer in your quest. ...Fingers crossed (or tuck thumbs [Fur die Deutscher bei uns!]) :yesnod:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Time Stamp for the first 1000 Solstice

Crimson Avenger said:
Chances are pretty good that you never were pending. While there have been a few cases of the screens saying one thing and people having print outs showing pending only to later show wait-listed, I think it's far more likely that the dealer didn't understand what they were reading on the screens. :nonod:

Man, that sucks! :(

One way to find out is to get your print that shows your "induction time". We can then compare the time stamp with the list that we have. Basically, if your time stamp was before 2:42 Eastern, then you might have been one of the unlucky few. If your time was 2:42 or later, then you were most likely always wait listed from Friday 2005-04-15.

At this point, however, just try to remember that you wanted the car for all of the right reasons, and you're probably first on your dealer's list for his first 4 month allocation cars.

If the dealer isn't getting any cars for his 4 month allocation (there are a few dealers in that condition), then I suggest you start calling other dealerships, and ask two critical questions:
  1. Do you have any of your regular allocation cars (non 1st 1000) that have not been spoken for by a customer?
  2. Will you sell it for MSRP without dealer or market based mark-ups?
If either answer is no, keep going.

If you do find one, cancel your wait list so you can get your deposit back (it's refundable by program rules) and take with you a deposit acceptance agreement to the new dealer at the time you go to place your deposit. If they won't sign a piece of paper to offer you a 2006 Solstice at MSRP, walk out.
I was told my "Time Stamp" was 2:37 and that I was indeed "IN" for one of the first 1000! The only problem is that I have NOT received a phone call yet and I'm going crazy! Waiting...patiently...NOT! Hurry up GM and make my day!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
2:37 is comming soon...

Ron Brandich said:
I was told my "Time Stamp" was 2:37 and that I was indeed "IN" for one of the first 1000! The only problem is that I have NOT received a phone call yet and I'm going crazy! Waiting...patiently...NOT! Hurry up GM and make my day!
Welcome to the Forum, Ron! :cheers:

This thread has been full of sad stories of folks who thought they were "Pending" but in the end wound up only wait listed. Those stories are wearing on me a lot. :(

Anyway, if you haven't done so already, click the following link to the thread that Solsticeman asked me to start: FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info) It can help you navigate the various forms that demonstrate you are indeed in the "Pending" column.

Having said that, your time stamp of 2:37 is right in the middle of the sweet spot for when the servers were actually responding, and is promising as being most likely a "Pending" and not a wait list.

As I've advised others on other threads, be sure to pay attention to the follow-on step of associating a VOM with your "Pending" EOP entry. See the FAQ I linked above.

Fortunately, I'm tired enough to sleep tonight... I hope. GOSH, I haven't had this much fun since I used to play UltraRogue on Xenix late into the night...

Best of luck tomorrow! :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.