Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the driving season has finally arrived, I take the Solstice with the EDAG hardtop out whenever I can. Seems that wherever I go, someone is always coming over to ask questions about it. I was even at a stop light when a guy in an old Chevy truck yells over at me and wants to know all about it. Yesterday evening, I had the car at the Vocational School that I retired from for their special little car show they hold annually. My voice is hoarse from talking to so many people! An hour ago, I was at the local Barbecue and Beer joint in town. Looked out the window and saw a guy and his wife really checking out the car. He even went over to his car to get his camera and came back to snap quite a few pictures. As much as I want the convertible top back on/down, I may have to keep the hardtop on it so that I can take the car to some local cruise-ins...

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ya Riggs - the EDAG does give it a very unique look. They are rare. The styling is pretty radical, so it's a love it or hate it thing. I love it.
Ya I completely agree, I love it too! I see myself as an honest and no bs kind of guy, so I say i wouldn't do it to our sol, but i am also all about trying to be unique, and that my friend is definitely unique! Maybe it's just growing on me every time I see it.
Looks good! Good Job!

Bert

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
riggs, lookin good, gives it that Nomad style. The only thing that I think would be the cherry on top would be to color match the windshield frame, but then this idea is coming from a coupe owner.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Looks great! EDAG styling is something that grows on you, I like it better now than when it was introduced.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Riggs, appreciate the feedback (Mine just sitting in the garage). After spending several hours machine polishing and waxing the vert last week decided to take it out for a drive and noticed a Z4 station wagon was driving beside me checking it out (it almost made me want to go home and install the EDAG top) because it's just nice to see vehicles you don't see too often. BTW, how many is that stock or a kit question did you get asked?

BTW, Harold & Maude is one of my fav flicks, and probably would appreciate the top more if it better fit the body lines (and lost the vinyl and hearst motif elements).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts