Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Pardon My Ignorance On The Subject

What Benefits Will I Get With The Exhaust Upgrade?

Would They Be Covered As Orig Equip If It Were

Dealer Installed Prior To The Delivery Or Would

My Warranty Be Affected.

I Appreciate Any Info You May Have.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
As long as it's dealer installed it's covered under warranty.

Since the item is not out yet, there has been no way to do any testing so we are unsure at this time if it provides any performance gain. It will more then liekly make the exhaust note louder then the stock car.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had the opportunity to checkout the stock exhaust system, and it is very nice for factory stock. I wouldn't imagine more than 3-4 hp with just an exhaust only upgrade.

Add an upgraded air intake, change fuel pressure, modified valve timing and ignition timing, and remap the air/fuel tables (ECU reprogram) then you will see a better degree of performance. I was able to tweak 18 more hp out of my Honda B18C1 engine by doing this while maintaining good street manners. Just adding one part is usually not the answer and can actually degrade performance if the computer doesn't accept it properly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It Doesn't Sound Like The Exhaust Cost Is Worth It For
Such A Small # Of Horses
It Is Interesting That We All Want To Improve A Car
That We Know So Little About.

G

·
The only way I would go for a Performance Exhaust is if it did not make my Sol sound like a ricer with a fart can exhaust. Cost is not the concern. Sound is.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Don't worry about the sound of the hipo exhaust and air in sounding anything other than baddass Pontiac. Since it will be a factory released item it will have undergone proper sound testing as well as performance. Trust Pontiac on this. Have never has a Poncho yet that sounded ricer. Even my 1984 6000STE was factory tuned to give the experience of driving a German sportscar (if you closed your eyes while driving, not factory recommended)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts