Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Performance Autowerks ECM Re-flash

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gaheroy 
#1 ·
I will try to keep this brief. I bought the ECM re-flash from Performance Autowerks for the 2.4 and the first one didn't work at all. So he ordered a brand new ECM and re-flashed that. I went through the programming steps and now my car won't start. It first attempted to but sounded as if it didn't have enough juice so I tried jumping it, and that didn't do anything. Now it turns over very slowly and starts with a clicking noise. It seems as if the ECM is fine, but I wasn't sure what the problem could be. Since it doesn't start I was going to try to fix it before getting it towed somewhere.

Any help at all is appreciated, thanks

Greg

#2 ·
Does it start with the original ECM back in there?

We have seen many times when the car will not start, even with jumper cables on a car that the battery has completely died on. So if you put your original ECM back in and it does the same thing, have your battery checked.

Hope that helps,
Dave

#4 · (Edited)
In an effort to save money I decided to just re-flash my old ECM so I don't have an original to see if it starts with that in. Not the smartest move, but cost effective!

Even if the battery seems to be working, since the cd player turns on with the updated time, could it still be the battery? If so, I will try a new battery when I get some time over the weekend. I really appreciate the help! Hopefully I can get back to driving real soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.