Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I treated my 2007 Solstice GXP auto to a few upgrades this week. Solo street race exhaust, Werks intercooler, Werks discharge pipes, 3 bar map sensors, a street tune, and a differential fluid change. We did the street tune at Dave's recommendation as automatics are problematic on the dyno. So I have no actual HP or torque figures other than the car runs like a jekyl and hyde. I had a 2007 Solstice GXP manual a few years back with the GMPP upgrade. No comparison! When you hit the gas boost is instantaneous peaking at 24 lbs and shifts are quick. The first time I hit it I had to let off as I was caught off guard by the rear tires breaking loose . Dave was amazing to talk with and the variety of Solstices in his shop being worked on were astounding. He had several V8 conversions from mild to wild including a beast that was turboed. He had a few 2.4's waiting to be turboed. A coupe arrived to get additional upgrades when I was leaving. Dave introduced me to the owner. It had every upgrade imaginable for suspension, Big brakes, big wheel/tires Norm parts everywhere, including a see thru hood, and upgraded engine parts sprouting from every place possible. I enjoyed my visit and I am looking forward to next years upgrades. I intend to add a larger turbo and tune. I highly recommend Dave's services.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I enquired a year ago and was told they were no longer working on 4 Cyl cars, so I went the DDM supercharger route. No regrets, but it would be nice to be working with a tuner 100 miles away instead of across the country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enquired a year ago and was told they were no longer working on 4 Cyl cars, so I went the DDM supercharger route. No regrets, but it would be nice to be working with a tuner 100 miles away instead of across the country.
Not sure why you heard that. I do know they stopped being as active on the forum. Their website has been around for a while. I actually joined this forum some 8 years ago but after selling my first Solstice I stopped posting and forgot my original sign ins. So I started another one. I have also had work done by DDM on my first Solstice. I had their brace kit installed which I intend to do with this one as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,275 Posts
DDM Dave stopped doing V8 conversions and custom tunes for Kappas a while ago but still supports with canned tunes and lots of parts. Werks Dave has never stopped selling conversions and turbo kits.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Bala: I guess I just got the wrong guy on the phone.
Ron: DDM Dave will tweak his tunes based on HPTuner data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts