Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has noticed my recent signature change or was wondering where I've been but here ya go anyway.

Here's a short recap of my Kappa experience:

2/16/2013 I bought an 06 NA without a single test drive.
On day of purchase the car was still not ready so they gave me a tuned GXP as a loaner for a day. I was all smiles and could not wait for mine.
On delivery day I picked up my NA but the smiles were not too bright.
8/10/2013 After pricing turbo kits for 6 months, I purchased an 08 GXP.
I loved the GXP and was totally hooked. I modded the exhaust, got a budget tune, made my $14 shifter, DDM short throw, BASS!!, 20in rims and a few other minor mods.

Everything was great but it was still missing one (actually 4) thing. I learned to live with it though but over the course of a year, I had a lot of things go wrong with it which quickly piled up.

It started with a blown axle seal. Then the battery went dead and I lost my TPMS and FOB usage. The 3 sisters run left me with 20 paint ships and a cracked windshield. Then I had the ignition recall lurking over my head, the airbag sensor, CEL due to hollowed out cat (my bad), the rims were not the right bolt pattern and even after I had them machined, it still shook during acceleration and at high speeds. I also had the interior torn apart for 6 months as I was building pockets for dual 10's.

Rather than taking it to the dealer and paying the deductible for the rear end seal, and to have the RCDLR re-flashed for the TPMS and FOB I decided it was time to start fresh and get something that has everything in it that I want.

5/19/2015 So, after a month a searching I settled on a 2012 Mustang GT Premium and I couldn't be happier. It's got a 32 valve V8 and a 6 speed manual tranny. I'm ordering a tuner to get a little more out of the 5.0 and am getting a short throw shifter and that should do it.

I recently bought a lifetime membership to the forum so I'll poke my head in from time to time but for the most part, I'm out. I really enjoyed the experience and greatly appreciate all the help. I learned a lot from you guys especially Soup, Rob, Chicken, Ghost and a few others and it wouldn't have been as easy without you.

Thanks again and take care,
Charlie

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
And you coulda had a V8!

Sorry to see you go to the dark side. I had two Mustangs. I am a slow learner

The first one was pretty much ugly from any exterior view. I see one today of that body style and I am still trying to figure out which view is the worst, but they are all bad. Fortunately the cruise control decided to take a crap and it would go to full throttle randomly which in a 5.0 car can be pretty exciting. Specially in city traffic. Then the dealer told me "it cant do that" So we got into a lengthy discussion and that car went away.

Not a fast learner I bought another new pony. Every time I hit the slightest bump in the road my head was into the headliner. It got to be a serious problem. fortunately I ended up going off roading with it in a tiny skim of snow and the wife said it had to go. Which it did.

Hopefully you will sow your wild oats, return to your senses and come back to the Solstice family.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
That looks awesome Charlie!!! You haven't missed much, just talking about Chicken's chrome nuts and buttress buttons.....:glol::glol::glol:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I am disappointed at your leaving. Get some sense and come back!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Nice looking car Charlie.

I had an '07 convertible Mustang that I gave to my daughter before I got my Solstice. It was actually a really nice car but for me it just can't compare to the Solstice. When I now occasionally drive the Mustang it almost feels like a family sedan compared to the Solstice. It's not necessarily a slow or sluggish feeling it's just that the Mustang doesn't have the visceral/connected to the road feel that a Solstice can. The Mustang does probably have a better top and nicer seats though.

Anyways, hope you like your new ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
they are good cars . but put it on a track vs the solstice or on a free way with many turns the mustang will be eating the solstice dust. a mustang is a just look nice car a solstice is a car that can be raced . ill stick with my solstice . with the top down I turn many heads and get a lot of complements . with a mustang its a very common every day car nothing special .

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Good luck with your new ride.
I attend a meet every Saturday and there are at least 15 or so Mustangs in attendance, besides other car models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts