Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The weather is beautiful, and I bought my Solstice in the fall. So, I'd love to get something together for a meet/run in the area. Maybe hit up some mountain twisties. Maybe Jersey shore...

Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
mountains ?
in this time zone ? :smile2:

If you organize it, people will come...

Gordon is in your neighborhood with his red opel-coupe...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. There are mountains in the Poconos. I don't know the roads so well, is the problem. If nobody else takes the lead, I'll put something together for June

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
The "Nationals" are the 3rd week of June - always near the
"summer solstice".

NASSAM 2016 - June 20-24 2016

I'm planning to make that trip...
I'm guessing about 10 other cars from NJ are going too...

The 2014 Nationals were in the Poconos...

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe someone can organize a covered bridge ride again, in PA..or ride in the Poconos? I would be interested

Bob W.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd definitely be up for this. A Pocono mountain road run sounds like a ton of fun, but even SEPA is full of back roads that could make for a nice drive.

If no one else does step up to organize, I'd happily devote some time to planning an event in the SEPA area. I'd need some time to find some good roads to make it worthwhile, but if folks are interested in a relatively informal event somewhere in Greater Philly/Chesco/BucksCo areas, I should be able to put together an interesting route. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if there's interested in a drive to welcome in the spring, I'll start doing my research.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So....I've been bitten by the bug to bring people together, and I'm considering hosting a mini-trip to bring in the summer. I figured I'd ask here first to gauge interest, since a few folks have piped up. I'm considering a run up PA896, starting out in Kennett Square and wrapping up with lunch, museum meanderings, and a steam train ride up at Strasburg Rail Road. There's also a variety of amazing shops in the town of Strasburg proper that could make for a nice cap to the ride, including an amazing antique shop. I'm considering the 4th of June, which is a little ways out, but provides some lead time for preparation and getting folks together. I'd definitely want to make sure that Strasburg RR can handle whatever sized group I can rustle up on a lunch train, or an afternoon Wine and Cheese train.

If folks are interested, PM me or respond here, I'll keep an eye out and start the planning if folks want to attend!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...I'm just throwing this out there. We just bought a 2007 Solstice and we're loving it! We'd like to meet others and maybe go for a cruise or two this year...We live in Southern Schuylkill Co. Pa. Would love to get together with some Solstice peeps:) Any suggestions or a point in any direction? Thanks,
Sooz, [email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys,

The weather is beautiful, and I bought my Solstice in the fall. So, I'd love to get something together for a meet/run in the area. Maybe hit up some mountain twisties. Maybe Jersey shore...

Anyone interested?
Collingswood ya say? still have your Solstice? I am in Deptford.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts