Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a phone call from someone at gm telling me that my car has been built and gave me my vin#441. My dealer has the invoice and it shows production date of 8-17-05 and it also says ship date 8-17-05 my question is why would they have someone call me to tell me my car has been built and then not ship it. According to my dealer it is still waiting to be shipped I am completly confused I don't want to sound like I am complaning but if they have someone call me and tell me my car has been built it must be ready to ship?

any ideas

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SoulMan1 said:
I got a phone call from someone at gm telling me that my car has been built and gave me my vin#441. My dealer has the invoice and it shows production date of 8-17-05 and it also says ship date 8-17-05 my question is why would they have someone call me to tell me my car has been built and then not ship it. According to my dealer it is still waiting to be shipped I am completly confused I don't want to sound like I am complaning but if they have someone call me and tell me my car has been built it must be ready to ship?

any ideas
Shipped may only mean it was driven out the door at the Wilmington plant and put in the parking lot. My order showed in transit as of late July. Either someone must have stoll my car or its in Sieberia by now! :lol: From what I have seen once the the car is loaded on a truck or train it's location is tracted. Your dealer should be able to find this out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
soulman..

get on it..

the dealers will for sure be showing your car off as a sales tool..

trust me, my friends are car salesman.. and that is what they told me
:brentil:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SoulMan1 said:
I asked her if the car has been shipped and all she would say is you will have to contact your dealer with any questions.

ah...the old standard line...contact your delaer with any questions. that was a stupid call for them to make. but i'm confused too, why would the dealer think it wasn't shipped when it shows a ship date? what information does he have that is contrary to what VOM says?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just stay patient! I know it has been a long wait, and the shipping delays have frustrated many, but it should be in your driveway soon. At least it is built. All the regular allocation people still don't even have an assembled car in Wilmington! :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm surprised that GM called, has anyone else gotten a call from GM telling them car was built? I didn"t my dealer called me, a week ago and said my car was in transit, as I have found out, and I think Pas 22 mentioned all that means is it is probably in the parking lot waiting for a truck to haul it. I am starting to believe I may not see it until the 2006 arrive, saves them some money in transport. I am only 100 miles from the plant, my car was built on the 9th. 15 days to travel 100 miles. I gotta believe my car will arrive when the dealers next shipment is scheduled. Thats o.k. waited this long another week or 2 won;t kill me. VIN # 260

·
Registered
101 Posts
del_utz said:
I'm surprised that GM called, has anyone else gotten a call from GM telling them car was built? I didn"t my dealer called me, a week ago and said my car was in transit, as I have found out, and I think Pas 22 mentioned all that means is it is probably in the parking lot waiting for a truck to haul it. I am starting to believe I may not see it until the 2006 arrive, saves them some money in transport. I am only 100 miles from the plant, my car was built on the 9th. 15 days to travel 100 miles. I gotta believe my car will arrive when the dealers next shipment is scheduled. Thats o.k. waited this long another week or 2 won;t kill me. VIN # 260

i was coming out of my gym one day and noticed a black on black soltsice in the parking lot.. i freaked.. ran to the dealter and said what the deal cause i am one of the first to get them in our area...

apparently the GM Plant in Oshawa has like 5 delivered for the execs to drive around...

driving me nutz to see that...

but its all good.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
As was stated in other threads, I dont think cars will ship until they have a full truck load to your area. When was the last time you saw a truck load of just one style of car on a car carrier?

·
Registered
305 Posts
kenf said:
As was stated in other threads, I dont think cars will ship until they have a full truck load to your area. When was the last time you saw a truck load of just one style of car on a car carrier?
This makes no sense.

My dealership does not deal in saturn products, and from what I can tell
has never received a shipment of any car from Wilmington.

I had asked how long to deliver from there and they had NO IDEA!!!!

Sound familiar.

They are getting 3 of the first 1000 and no one has got a car yet. 2 have VIN's , I do not but have a sly/loaded car. Could be I am holding the works
up, but I don't think so.

One other first 1000 had his car sent back to the factory??? or at least
this in the C%$k-N-Bull story they gave the poor guy. Last he heard it would
be delivered this weekend, but since nothing is moving sounds like another
BS story.

The dealer is ignoring me now and will not respond to my email of 2 days ago.

Patience,Patience,Patience!!!!!!

Patience is a virtue possess it if you can, It's seldom found in woman,
And NEVER found in Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is killing me as summer waynes away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
712 Posts
One full trans-carrier of Sols from the plant to one dealer location - not likely!!!
They may do something similar to Ford's "Mixing Centers": FOR EXAMPLE send a carrier full of "northern" Sols to a central location to be further trans-loaded along with GTO's, GP's or whatever to final destination dealer.
Of course, deep south and western Sols will probably be put on tri-level rail cars for delivery further by truck.

fred
(Retired, but a lil' bit of my rail transportation knowledge lingers between my ears.) BTW, can't decide between Sol or SSR!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
SoulMan1 said:

any ideas
you sure it wasn;t someone playing a mean joke on you... knowing how much you are wanting your car?
I know a few so called friends would really get a kick out of doing something like that....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Classic66vair said:
you sure it wasn;t someone playing a mean joke on you... knowing how much you are wanting your car?
I know a few so called friends would really get a kick out of doing something like that....
If it was a prank, it would go something like this...."Hi...this is GM... Just wanted to give you an update on your special First 1000 Apprentice Solstice. It has been built and the truck carrying your car left last Friday. Unfortunately, over the weekend, there was an accident and your car fell off the carrier and was totaled. Dont worry, though, we'll build you a new car after the 10,000 we have on back order have been built. How does December, 2006 sound? It will be VIN #10245. Thanks for purchasing a Pontiac and have a great year!....buzzz......."

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
If it was a prank, it would go something like this...."Hi...this is GM... Just wanted to give you an update on your special First 1000 Apprentice Solstice. It has been built and the truck carrying your car left last Friday. Unfortunately, over the weekend, there was an accident and your car fell off the carrier and was totaled. Dont worry, though, we'll build you a new car after the 10,000 we have on back order have been built. How does December, 2006 sound? It will be VIN #10245. Thanks for purchasing a Pontiac and have a great year!....buzzz......."
no they would want to make it sound believable... obviously you have not participated in many phone pranks... LOL

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...now, now

I want it, and I want it NOOOOWWWW!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Phone pranks, they used to be real fun back in my childhood days when they didn't have caller Id and *69. There used to be a number to call for the time and temp. and a friend and I wanted to know if it was a real person or a recording so we called the number and cussed him out but he never flinched, just told us what time it was and how cold it was. Must have been a recording :lol:

I remember it like it was yesterday I spent the night with my friend and we slept in their game room where his dad's wiskey was.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts