Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on a deal on an '06 Roadster today. Had to work some paperwork issues, but I'm off to pick it up tomorrow. It's about 100 miles from here. Silver, leather, ABS, manual 5 speed. But the best thing is that is has less than 7k miles on it. Carfax and the dealer confirm, less than 6700 on the clock as of today. Will post pics once I snag it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No LSD.

As far as the 'recall' I believe it's been done. The PO was pretty meticulous about maintenance. Had the oil changed at the dealer every 3 months despite the fact it was rarely driven.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow that is a nice find, Congrats and welcome. So what's the story? Have you been looking for a while and stumble across this car?

Bert

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been looking for a couple months and found this one. Guy bought it for his wife as a Valentines present and she didn't drive it much. But most of the mileage was either going to the car wash or to the dealer for an oil change. They operated a business and likely didn't have much time to drive around in a car with no trunk space. They used their Jeep 99.9% of the time.

I came close to picking up another 06 with 35k miles. But it is a black car. And with all the dirt around here it wouldn't stay clean longer than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great find! Welcome to the fun!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6682 miles when I picked it up. To celebrate, we stopped at a local winery.

Mediocre cell phone photo.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weather turned rather un-convertible like. After this, we had a 100 mile drive home. Stopped at the Red Onion for dinner. Now it's resting comfortably in the garage after taking the dachshunds for a lap around the block. Still smells like new leather inside.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sun isn't supposed to come back out until Wednesday here. I'll have to wait until then to get some good photos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great looking car! I have same color and year. Mine just turned 27k and still enjoy it everytime I drive it. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice score! Looks like it might have the steel/sand interior, too, if I'm not mistaken. I had a tough time deciding between cool (silver) and deep (dark blue metallic) when I ordered my '06. If it still has the stock goodyear RSA tires on it, be careful in the rain. Probably won't be as much an issue without the LSD, but they have a penchant for swapping ends through corners if you're not on top of things in the rain. No stability control in the '06 models...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats on the car, I love my 06, no stability control is right, that's the best thing about the 06's, no tpms, no trac control, or esc, no electronic crap at all.
It looks mint, and with such low mileage! Like previously stated, I'd look into whether the recall was done, and then just enjoy :thumbup:

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Recalls were done, so that's jake. Only issues so far are the "Passenger Airbag Off" light stays on when the MUCH better half rode along, and it seems like a leaf trap under the hood, especially under the wiper bottle. Perhaps a squirrel tried building a nest in there. LOT of places to trap them in there. At least I'll have something to keep me occupied.

Well, that and dealing with the tag office. They seem to be going through an extreme petty phase this month.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a little loose on the wet roads this morning. But that was in some slick spots at intersections. Not that I helped or anything. So far, a fairly well balanced vehicle. No real big puddles that I can't avoid.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I had similar experience with hydroplaning on the RSAs at speed.

Relatively wide tires definitely can decrease the force on the contact patch but the RSAs really were subpar in my experience on this platform. I've been extremely satisfied with every tire since in all sorts of inclement weather.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts