Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just bought a GXP to use as a DD, my other car was getting to be too much of a beast to drive in everyday traffic and the mileage was killing me. I'll post up some pics tomorrow 'cause it's too dark to take any good pictures. But it's red and has 48K on the clock. Needs a front bumper cover and looks like some oil build up on the rear end but otherwise seems to be pretty solid. Got a great deal, $13K and change. I was looking for a Porsche but this just seemed like a deal I could not pass up so I jumped on it. I'm sure that once I get into the car farther I will find a few more issues and I will have lot's of questions as I get to know this car.
Hope all of you are like the Mustang forum community that I am a member of, it's been a great resource for me and a tight group of guys. Looking foward to becoming a part of this forum.

·
Registered
272 Posts
$13k, GXP, 48,000Miles? Thats a Steal! congrats on your purchase, hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$13k, GXP, 48,000Miles? Thats a Steal! congrats on your purchase, hope you enjoy!
Yep, wheeled and dealed, walked away from it twice. They called me on the gf course yesterday and said we're good.

Welcome. You'll find
lots of good information here.
Thanks, probably not going to mod this car very much if at all, just a DD for me. I got this baby so I can finish my other ride, that's where all my mod money goes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
In time it will be hard not to put a tune on your GXP. An extra 50 HP or so in one of our cars makes an amazing ride. ENJOY!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In time it will be hard not to put a tune on your GXP. An extra 50 HP or so in one of our cars makes an amazing ride. ENJOY!
Yeah. I'm a speed junkie but this car is just pretty much to get me from point A to point B. I have a 500 rwhp car that I'm working on making faster. One of the reasons why I got the Solstice. This car is pretty peppy as it is and have no problems with the power. If I need a fix I can just move this one out of the driveway and back my beast out of the garage. I will be looking at some wheels and I need a front bumper so I will take care of those before I even think about any go fast mods.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and don't underestimate the fun you're gonna have with the little kappa.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just recently picked up an 08 GXP for my dd. I never considered one of these cars, but after driving it a few times I was sold. Plus with 30,000 miles at $14,000, it was hard to pass up. You are going to love the car! I look forward to driving everyday and I find the solstice to be a very underrated car.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Suspension mods are fun toooo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts