Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How did your order get picked up?

• Exactly as I wanted it!

Votes: 151 90.4%
  • Without leather, and I may pass on it.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Without leather, and I WILL pass on it.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Without leather, I'll definately take the cloth!

Votes: 9 5.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order got picked up today!!

Not to make anyone feel badly, (I know how it feels when I missed EOP) but I got my Steel/Sand leather.

How did the rest of us fare?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...me too

I got picked up last week and last night was given pricing. No markup! And leather seats! :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just got back from my dealer to see what happened with my order. It got picked up (I'm 1st in their allocation) and I got the premium package. I was the only one at my dealer who's order was picked up though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picked up??????

Can someone kindly explain what it means for your order to be "picked up"- and after this takes place, does anyone have a time frame for delivery- or is it still to far out to tell at this point???? Thanks in advance for explaining! :cool: :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
decormagic said:
Can someone kindly explain what it means for your order to be "picked up"- and after this takes place, does anyone have a time frame for delivery- or is it still to far out to tell at this point???? Thanks in advance for explaining! :cool: :)
When you place an order it basically sits in the system assigned to your dealer. Dealers can prioritize their orders how they see fit. Dealers get "allocated" X number of cars per 4 month period. At periodic intervals GM comes in and "picks up" orders out of the order bank. Seems that people who had orders with high priority are getting picked up now. They give an ETA for build week but no one knows if it's real or not.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
decormagic said:
There is a pretty informative thread on this topic, here is a link, Help me understand the regular allocation order process please

Small Dealer has several posts explaining the process within that thread.

Also, if you search back through Small Dealer's olders posts, you can find a lot of very good information.

BTW, Thanks, Small Dealer, for always being so helpful! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My order got picked up the same day! Dealer tells me to expect the car in 10 weeks +/-. That means I'll have it for Labor Day to cruise the beach :cool: . Ordered exactly as I wanted. My car will be the first Solstice to come in to the dealer. Can't Wait.

Deep/Sand all but xm, smoker, onstar

·
Registered
511 Posts
FLSolstice said:
My order got picked up the same day! Dealer tells me to expect the car in 10 weeks +/-. That means I'll have it for Labor Day to cruise the beach :cool: . Ordered exactly as I wanted. My car will be the first Solstice to come in to the dealer. Can't Wait.

Deep/Sand all but xm, smoker, onstar
When did you order yours, The rest of us have had orders in for a long time.
It was 3 months before mine got picked up. If you just ordered yours I think the dealer is giving you a load of crap,about being picked up.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Me too. Mine got picked back in May still waiting to hear. I'm my dealers Priorty zero/zip. Each dealer got 1 priorty which is suppose to be here right after first 1000.

Zero/zip ct.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
My order got picked up two weeks ago. I am #1 in the zero zip. My dealer feels I will see it late Aug. early Sept.

Sly, cloth, everything else except XM and ABS.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
kenf said:
My order got picked up two weeks ago. I am #1 in the zero zip. My dealer feels I will see it late Aug. early Sept.

Sly, cloth, everything else except XM and ABS.
Can I ask how you know your place in the Zero Zip group? I am a Zero Zipper, but my dealer did not indicate that there was any information on what order the Zero Zip cars would be built in. He only told me that each Zero Zip code dealership got 1 extra car, and that these cars were to be delivered immediately after the First 1000 group.

Thanks!

·
Registered
767 Posts
My dealer just called to tell me that my order has been picked up by GM. I'm the first on his list of 5 allocations. Aggressive, black leather, polished wheels, 6 disc CD player, Monsoon speakers, LSD, convenience package, power package, premium package, A/C, ABS, smokers package. Got everything just as I had ordered. He said he would call me as soon as he gets a targeted production date. Life is good!

:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got Solstice 198 today!

I got called on Friday with my VIN from GM. Then Monday night about 8PM my dealer called and said he just got it in. I picked it up today, August 23, 2005 and IT IS INCREDIBLE! I never saw one in person, only photos, and they do NOT do the car justice! The car was parked in front of the dealer and cars were stopping in the middle of the street just to take a look. They even had people run home so they could get their picture taken with it! Driving it home was a little scary....nervous about such a great car but all went well. People were slowing down and gawking the entire way...what a car!

The truck driver who delivered it was HAPPY to get rid of it! It was the last car on his truck and at every stop he made he was mobbed by people wanting to look at it. That's why he didn't get to my dealer till late Monday evening!

My car is "DEEP" , ebony trim with everything except XM, Onstar and the upper end sound system. If I ordered again I probably would get the better sound system.

They did change the rear end since I ordered...there is a grill where an opening used to be...looks great!

I saw all your posts on pricing and my dealer would only sell at sticker. I am not too disappointed though, it still is a great price. $25,375.10 with tax, title and new plates.

BE PREPARED to talk to more people than you can imagine! They are stopping in my front yard, at the store, on the street, etc!!! It is FUN!

Pros - Incredible looking car! VERY smooth driving and extremely responsive.
I burned rubber (unintentionaly) shifting into second gear so while it is not a race car it is no slouch either. Leather seats are very comfortable and the seating area is roomy for this type of car. Rag top is very, very good looking....I really like Ford Mustangs but their ragtop looks horrible when closed. The Solstice ragtop looks great when closed.

Cons - there are some so far...transmission sometimes rattles going into first...may be I have to get used to it...we'll see. Rag top is great but it is a little hard to get into the trunk...if it is not all the way down...it takes some playing around...the trunk will close but sit up about a 1/4 inch. You must make sure it is down and away from the latch. Also make sure the lever is in it's proper position. Closing the font hood works great from the passenger side but not from the driver side. There are two hood latches, one on each side and the passenger side won't latch if you don't slam the hood from that side....will see...maybe will have the dealer adjust it.

Conclusion - I had thoughts of selling this car...NO WAY! It is SO MUCH FUN that I may have to add this to my will! Good luck with all of your deliveries!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Can I ask how you know your place in the Zero Zip group? I am a Zero Zipper, but my dealer did not indicate that there was any information on what order the Zero Zip cars would be built in. He only told me that each Zero Zip code dealership got 1 extra car, and that these cars were to be delivered immediately after the First 1000 group.

Thanks!

Your dealer would (or should) of told you if you were his one priorty car. My dealer told me back in April and my order was picked up in May. I'm still waiting .

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Bleacherman said:
The truck driver who delivered it was HAPPY to get rid of it! It was the last car on his truck and at every stop he made he was mobbed by people wanting to look at it. That's why he didn't get to my dealer till late Monday evening!
The real reason deliveries are taking so long. Truck drivers are getting mobbed everywhere by gawkers. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ordered March 31st. Got picked August 9th Exactly as ordered. All options except the XM and the Onstar. Today my dealer says should have it by end of September. I of course don't believe him. But it would be nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mileage

Picked mine up today...had 64 miles on it, but all the paperwork said 22. Salesmen had some fun. Oh well, it went home with me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts