Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes well with inspection.This will be my first ,46k miles supposedly mint condition. I have read all the complaints about some items not available. Will have to improvise on that but It's amazing how people are trying to talk me out of buying. I'm going to daily drive it 150 miles a week for work and enjoy it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If all goes well with inspection.This will be my first ,46k miles supposedly mint condition. I have read all the complaints about some items not available. Will have to improvise on that but It's amazing how people are trying to talk me out of buying. I'm going to daily drive it 150 miles a week for work and enjoy it.
beautiful car/color!

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
great !

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
I drive mine about that every week. Makes me smile every time I look at her. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
937 Posts
Welcome... great color! What are 'they' telling you to talk you out of it? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Buy it and enjoy it!

Always keep in mind that when you frequent forums such as this one you are going to see people asking for assistance with issues/problems they are experiencing. It's easy to develop a mentality of "oh my, look at how MANY people that have problems with this car!" In reality, the overwhelming majority of owners never come around here because they're NOT having any problems.

The old addage of the news doesn't report on the building that didn't catch on fire.

·
Registered
2008 GXP, Brazen, Auto
15 Posts
It's amazing how people are trying to talk me out of buying.
Maybe they don't want you to buy so they can buy it themselves! Looks like a clean GXP example. Tulip panel looks like it's been repainted tastefully. Only thing I'd personally change is the blacked out side markers back to amber.

·
Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
483 Posts
Interesting that the windshield surround is body color rather than metallic silver... FYI I put about 52 mi./week in my first year and a half since picking up my '09 GXP coupe. Not one problem/code/leak for me. (Knocks furiously on wood...)

Since I know nothing about these cars, what would that be?
This forum is a treasure trove of info about how to select and enjoy your Solstice/Sky. When you go to check out the car, you can use a member-collated checklist in this post on another thread: CHECKLIST POST

If she passes your inspection -- enjoy your Wicked ride!

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Now, the flip say can also be true. If you ask the members here if this is a fun car and WAY more will say yes than no! (I always equate it to walking into a heroin den and asking "is this stuff any good?") lol

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
For me, it was the Yelp review. ;-)
Oh man. I'll stay back on topic after this post. A friend of mine is a chef and was running a kitchen restaurant in a medium size city outside of Chicago. Got a 2 star yelp review and the reviewer spent most of his time complaining about the decor and "vibe" than the quality of the food (which he did have minor complaints about.) My pal looked up this persons other yelp reviews and found he rated a Taco Bell at 4 stars because it was "one of the nicest Taco Bells I've eaten at."

It's like when my bride was going to buy an exercise bike and said "This one was highly rated at walmart.com."

I replied "I want you to think very hard about what you just said."

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting that the windshield surround is body color rather than metallic silver... FYI I put about 52 mi./week in my first year and a half since picking up my '09 GXP coupe. Not one problem/code/leak for me. (Knocks furiously on wood...)

This forum is a treasure trove of info about how to select and enjoy your Solstice/Sky. When you go to check out the car, you can use a member-collated checklist in this post on another thread: CHECKLIST POST

If she passes your inspection -- enjoy your Wicked ride!
Appears you have the same color in a cope, you happy with it?

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
789 Posts
Since I know nothing about these cars, what would that be?
Off the top of my head--
Four batteries and one alternator. None of which was the problem--turns out it was the BCM circuit, NOT THE FUSIBLE LINK as I was told here.
Both tulip panel flaps broken off and some of the hardware missing.
Trunk that wouldn't open.
Leaking roof and damaged upholstery as a result.
Dissolving paint on the console bezel.
Clip that refused to go on when I replaced the bezel.
Two dead radios (so far).
Turn signal that won't cancel, even after being replaced with a new unit.
Brake lines that came loose.
Self-disintegrating front bumper cover.
Timing chain and water pump (which happens on EVERY GXP).
Cruise resume button that does nothing.

I have owned cars for 39 years, and I have never had so many problems with a car in less than a year as this one. But everyone hates me here because I'm "negative." Tell me one positive thing on that list. The car is a hell of a lot of fun to drive, especially with the Trifecta tune, WHEN IT WORKS. That has been the minority of the time I've owned it. I'm about to pull even on the difference between the KBB and what I paid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Off the top of my head--
Four batteries and one alternator. None of which was the problem--turns out it was the BCM circuit, NOT THE FUSIBLE LINK as I was told here.
Both tulip panel flaps broken off and some of the hardware missing.
Trunk that wouldn't open.
Leaking roof and damaged upholstery as a result.
Dissolving paint on the console bezel.
Clip that refused to go on when I replaced the bezel.
Two dead radios (so far).
Turn signal that won't cancel, even after being replaced with a new unit.
Brake lines that came loose.
Self-disintegrating front bumper cover.
Timing chain and water pump (which happens on EVERY GXP).
Cruise resume button that does nothing.

I have owned cars for 39 years, and I have never had so many problems with a car in less than a year as this one. But everyone hates me here because I'm "negative." Tell me one positive thing on that list. The car is a hell of a lot of fun to drive, especially with the Trifecta tune, WHEN IT WORKS. That has been the minority of the time I've owned it. I'm about to pull even on the difference between the KBB and what I paid.
Big list. How many miles on the car when you bought it? Did you get them all fixed? Why is the water pump an issue on GXP models vs a base model? You know how you prevent water pump and heater cores from wearing out? Flush the coolant once a year or run Evan's coolant which I have done in every car for a long time....

1 - 20 of 87 Posts