Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the car! I considered buying this but ultimately decided against it as I'm still undecided between a Solstice or a Miata. I'm torn between having a usable trunk and top that can be put up while driving vs the extra power of a GXP. I also was trying to get it for a less than $14k but the seller wouldn't budge. Don't blame him as the car looked very clean and was a fair price at $14k.

Here is some background on the car I was able to dig up via internet sleuthing when I was first looking at it. The car was purchased on eBay from a private seller (ebay user id: Jarkmackson79) by a Lotus dealership (World Imports) in North Florida end of last year. The older gentlemen in Inverness Florida purchased the car from this dealership shortly thereafter. The tires will need to be replaced as they are old and mismatched. The car also has a tune and mods (see attached photo from eBay listing detailing mods and link to more photos the Lotus dealer took of the car).

EDIT: Looks like the previous owner was a member here: 2009 Wicked GXP for Sale

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Good find. Same car However I did not buy it from the Dealer. I bought it from the guy who bought it from the dealer back in Dec. I paid $14,550. Originally it was supposed to be 14K but the tires were too old for me to drive 400 + miles so He put in $450 for the tires.
Downside, I was a little disappointed for the car has a few dings and a small dent that I'm pretty sure can be fixed with a Dentless Paint repair. I honestly don't think he saw it and neither did I until looking at it close in sunlight.

Car average 36 MPG. To bad this car doesn't have another gear. I'm sure it would hit 40+mpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice. Let us know what you think of it. At least you were able to get him to split the cost of the new tires, as when I was trying to talk him down from $14k he wouldn't budge. I'm already starting to regret not picking it up when I had the chance. But I do have my eye on a 2019 Miata, so I'm sure all will work out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Nice. Let us know what you think of it. At least you were able to get him to split the cost of the new tires, as when I was trying to talk him down from $14k he wouldn't budge. I'm already starting to regret not picking it up when I had the chance. But I do have my eye on a 2019 Miata, so I'm sure all will work out.
Did you see it in person? He paid $15,500 for it in Dec last year. I think it was worth 14,500K with all the upgrades and new tires . If It had no upgrades I would not have bought it for that price.He put some dents in it that I now have to invest in . They all seem to be removable by Paintless. I wish It was closer so I could have seen the car in person. He would have had to pay the full tire price for me to buy it.
Having said that there isn't much out there this nice for 14K that gets 36 mpg . I was looking at Honda Civic SI's that also use premium fuel and they get 33 mpg 22 city and the dealers have bought up all the nice ones and want 17-20K+ for cars with over 100k miles.

I hope it holds up as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Congrats on the car! I considered buying this but ultimately decided against it as I'm still undecided between a Solstice or a Miata. I'm torn between having a usable trunk and top that can be put up while driving vs the extra power of a GXP. I also was trying to get it for a less than $14k but the seller wouldn't budge. Don't blame him as the car looked very clean and was a fair price at $14k.

Here is some background on the car I was able to dig up via internet sleuthing when I was first looking at it. The car was purchased on eBay from a private seller (ebay user id: Jarkmackson79) by a Lotus dealership (World Imports) in North Florida end of last year. The older gentlemen in Inverness Florida purchased the car from this dealership shortly thereafter. The tires will need to be replaced as they are old and mismatched. The car also has a tune and mods (see attached photo from eBay listing detailing mods and link to more photos the Lotus dealer took of the car).

EDIT: Looks like the previous owner was a member here: 2009 Wicked GXP for Sale

View attachment 123089
"The older gentlemen in Inverness Florida".... not me...

Bill

·
Administrator
11,301 Posts
Whatever you think. Usually use parts parts like this are worth 40% of new cost. Who sells it?
Summit Racing has the bare receiver listed for $160 with free shipping. I did not see one anywhere else that I looked in a quick search.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you see it in person?
No, I never did make the drive over to see it and when I messaged him back to see if he would reconsider coming down on the price he said he had a sale pending (guessing you). Part of me was also concerned the car may have been driven hard with all the performance mods, but looking at the post history of the previous owner I think he just like spending money on mods. I probably would have bought it at $14k had I found the post history earlier...

"The older gentlemen in Inverness Florida".... not me...

Bill
Nope, not you. His name was Bob :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Love to see resolution on an interesting thread. Appears well done for all. Nice additions you won't have to buy or have done.

Richard Snipes
I added them up conservatively. About $2, 500. The paint correction (dent removal) is probably going to be close to 1K but I'm in North Carolina so I could less expensive. Everything is cheaper here. I did hear a noise like ball bearings rolling around a tumbler on the turbo for a few minutes after a cold start and some noise from clutch when pedal is released. Pedal seems to be getting better the more I drive it..

Filter was copletely clogged. I wonder if MPG would have been a little better if not?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Of course the answer on the filter is yes, replace and better all over. Attention to all those little things on the inspection list will make it a joy. No sense going over all that again here. About two months of your own maintenance making sure you have the writing on the page legible will make a happy car and owner.

Richard

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Of course the answer on the filter is yes, replace and better all over. Attention to all those little things on the inspection list will make it a joy. No sense going over all that again here. About two months of your own maintenance making sure you have the writing on the page legible will make a happy car and owner.

Richard
I am amazed at how well the car handles.I drove on some pretty bad road surfaces on I-95

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
40514 (Lexington, KY)
I got it off. My next question is the rear fascia just hangs free on the bottom where the bar was.There are some holes in it for mounting but no frame or structure anywhere near to bolt it down, except muffler. How did it come factory?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts