·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mmm damn sexy!!!

Hey SlipSlider, is that you in any of the pics. You had mentioned the RX-8, Cobalt, Solstice combo earlier. :D

I've taken and added the images, because they're being pulled off some server besides GMI so they could excede bandwidth or get pulled down.

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
What is GM doing with a RX8 on their lot? Is that common in the industry?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If it is, then the car is Blue not Black. Lot's fine in either case.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Rodeo, competitive assessment is very common in the industry.

Hey, this might be the first thread where "Rodeo" and "ban" and "troll" are not used in the same discussion!!!

OOPS! :brentil:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
That's gotta be DEEP. And are those painted wheels? They don't look as shiny as the others we've seen. I believe this is the first time we've seen painted wheels.

·
4,592 Posts
solsticeman said:
Rodeo, competitive assessment is very common in the industry.

Hey, this might be the first thread where "Rodeo" and "ban" and "troll" are not used in the same discussion!!!

OOPS! :brentil:
It was bound to happen anyways, DOH!

So, GM buys the RX8 to compare it eh?

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:
It was bound to happen anyways, DOH!

So, GM buys the RX8 to compare it eh?
Yup. Just like Ford buys a Trailblazer to evaluate, and Mazda buys a Honda S2000 to evaluate...

·
4,592 Posts
solsticeman said:
Yup. Just like Ford buys a Trailblazer to evaluate, and Mazda buys a Honda S2000 to evaluate...
OK, so what do they do with them when they are done with them, BLOW THEM UP at the annual employee picnic to perk up moral, hehehe :glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
What is GM doing with a RX8 on their lot? Is that common in the industry?
They said earlier that they were going racing next year "with the RX-8 in front sights and MX-5 in rear view mirror." (my quotes :lol: )

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:
OK, so what do they do with them when they are done with them, BLOW THEM UP at the annual employee picnic to perk up moral, hehehe :glol:
I imagine they take care of them :rolleyes: and sell them as used vehicles or at auction when they are done with them (competitive evaluation vehicles).

I KNOW I've seen two Ford GT's with a C5 Z06 in between them on roads around the area in SE MI.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Competitive evaluation

Learning from your competitors IS quite common in the auto industry. As we developed the '05 Odyssey, I was told by several people about our New Model team DISASSEMBLING a Toyota Sienna. There was a complete Sienna sitting in the New Model Development Area when my zone when there for training months before mass production began. We looked over it and compared it to what we knew of the '05.
Honda does this frequently: Buy a competitors vehicle, study it, take it apart, see if they can learn anything.

And before you ask or think it, Absolutely not, This is my Solstice!! I don't care what they offer, not even a trade for an NSX, they won't get my Solstice. They can wait and get one on their own!! :lol: It hurts to think they will probably get one and :cryin: (I can't even say it!!) to see if the can improve an S2K!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
brentil said:
mmm damn sexy!!!

Hey SlipSlider, is that you in any of the pics. You had mentioned the RX-8, Cobalt, Solstice combo earlier. :D

I've taken and added the images, because they're being pulled off some server besides GMI so they could excede bandwidth or get pulled down.
lol, those are the same cars, but I think that was a different day. The Solstice still has the white stickers on in, where when I saw it it didn't have any stickers.

The RX-8 is nice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you read the GMI.com thread someone posted that they were in essence someone in the know, and they said it was Deep. Also SlipSlider who was one of the people who got to sit in it also said it was Deep.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
adamacious said:
Oh, I hope that isn't deep! I want a nice blue car, not a pathetic semi-blue semi-navy :( :) :D

I am seriously thinking about switching to red if they make the tan and grey avaliable for red
You're not going to like it then.

The best I can discribe the colour is that it would apear black on a cloudy day, but when the sun is shining then it would apear blue. It's actually a really nice colour, but probably not as bright as you thought it might be.

I on the other hand I love it. The car was quite dirty, but I can only imagine what it will look like all cleaned up and waxed... delicious..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts