Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a link to pictures from the 1st "WCKCC" (West Coast Kappa Car Club) coast run and club founders meet.
We had a wonderful time!!! The weather was perfect and the people were great. Oh ya,... the Solstices were BEAUTIFUL !!! Missing "Agressive", "Mysterious" & "Pure". A strong showing from the "Sly". At one time I think there was up to 12 cars on hand. For the first leg of our run we were joined by a Lamborghini, a Mazerati and two Ferrari's. They felt a little uncomfortable being overshadowed by the Solstice, so the dropped out and headed back early.
It was a very well organized rally. Drive and eat, drive and eat, drive and MEET. Yes we had our 1st meeting. I will leave it to others to give you the low down on the foundation of our club, but as you can see, I already disclosed the new club name "WCKCC". We feel it should be open to all Kappa car owners, (Solstice and Sky) and other interested/prospective Kappa enthusiasts.
Still a lot to work out but I am excited about the leadership and the direction we are going.
The guys from Kappasphere, (Shinoo and Neal), were great. Friendly and generous. Keep your eyes open for some very inovative products from them.

Anyway, here are the pictures. I am a little shutter happy, sorry.
Sitting Duck, (Sal Orlando) :)

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4307762&a=31951133&f=

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Shutter happy? BAH! You only took 56 pictures and you had a dozen cars?! I took 90 pics of JUST MINE!

BTW, pic 6... is that just a wierd angle or has someone already spray painted their grilles?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Guys from Kappaspere painted it black. When I get my cool, Iwill be doing that I think.

·
5,600 Posts
Looks like I missed the inaugural ball, sabatoged by an untimely root-canal that went awry. I wanted to find some way to make this meet, but when my root-canal blew up on me last Thursday, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to even try and make it.

Count me in for the Return of the Solstices.

I'll bet you guys had a great time and all the attention you could handle?

I like to think the traffic wasn't too bad this time of year, but all it takes is one pokey puppy on Highway 1, and you aren't sports car driving anymore... Hope the traffic was out of your way.

·
Registered
439 Posts
DId the Kappaspere car have their exhaust system on their car?and if so how did it sound in person.

nice picks

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks a million, Sal. The batteries in my cheap-o digital camera crapped out before I even got down to San Simeon yesterday. Hopefully the pics I took with my "old school" 35mm come out half as good as yours have. I'll post the best ones when I get them developed. Here's a few digital shots I took of my car on the way down, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KLECKO said:
DId the Kappaspere car have their exhaust system on their car?and if so how did it sound in person.

nice picks
Yes, the exaust was installed on their car.
Scott, "2KWK4U" took me for a ride in his car on the way back from Big Sur. I was impressed with the agility and power the car possessed, and with Scott's driving skills. What impressed me more was when the Kappasphere car passed us and the awsome growl came from the exhaust. I gotta have it! :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
What impressed me more was when the Kappasphere car passed us and the awsome growl came from the exhaust. I gotta have it!
Ithink i have to have it too :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
orlando said:
Yes, the exaust was installed on their car.
Scott, "2KWK4U" took me for a ride in his car on the way back from Big Sur. I was impressed with the agility and power the car possessed, and with Scott's driving skills. What impressed me more was when the Kappasphere car passed us and the awsome growl came from the exhaust. I gotta have it! :)
Thanks for the kind words. My wife insists that's code for "Scott scared the $h*t outta me" :glol: I, too am impressed with how the Kappasphere ride sounded, both from the outside and from inside the car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Did you get to notice if the car had more HP especially in the mid-range as Kappa Sphere has stated??? I am really excited to hear that you guys were impressed with the sound both inside and out...I want more cowbell but don't want to be too obnoxious. I'd like to upgrade the exhaust and air intake over the winter while my car is in storage.

Did the Kappa car have the new air intake too? Looking forward to some more details about their car at your meet.

·
5,600 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Did you get to notice if the car had more HP especially in the mid-range as Kappa Sphere has stated???
I believe KappaSphere showed significant Torque gains in the mid-range, right around the VVT dip. Not huge power gains, but a nice pump in torque. It should be enough to feel, but I doubt anyone is that familiar with their cars yet...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am sooo jealous! Looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully we will be getting our Vin# this week. Then the next waiting game begins.....

Can't wait to join in with our Solstice!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Did you get to notice if the car had more HP especially in the mid-range as Kappa Sphere has stated??? I am really excited to hear that you guys were impressed with the sound both inside and out...I want more cowbell but don't want to be too obnoxious. I'd like to upgrade the exhaust and air intake over the winter while my car is in storage.

Did the Kappa car have the new air intake too? Looking forward to some more details about their car at your meet.
I started a new thread with my impressions of all of the Kappasphere goodies here:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7642

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the meet this weekend. To those that missed this event I would highly recommend that you set aside the time next time to join us.

We did agree that we will be getting together in about 4 months, details to follow.

Here are some of the pictures I captured during the meet.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4340549&a=31952738&vt=vp

·
Registered
206 Posts
the meet

I'm so sorry that I missed the enclave, I'll make sure that I'm at the next one. Has anyone thought about where the next one would be? I think Napa would be a great place! There are great windy back roads everywhere, and the weather is pretty much always good.

Great pictures! Thanks alot! :party:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am stoked!

For one of those who doesn't have their car yet, the meet was still GREAT! While I have ordered my car and am expecting it around March, I still hadn't gotten a chance to really "experience" the car. Any reservations I had are now totally gone!! And thanks to Solate and his Envious baby....I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MARCH! Once more, thanks for the ride Solate! YOU ARE THE MAN! Though, I am also indebted to your copilot.

I encourage anyone considering attending the next meet to please do so. This is a great group of people! (I know...I can't seem to get GREAT our to my head).

I also have to thank Crimson and Ted for putting the event together! You guys are AWESOME.

One more thing. I had the chance to talk to the Kappasphere guys. I for one am going to watch them carefully. They have some great ideas (sorry) planned and are bent on only delivering a quality product. Besides, their love of the car is incredibly obvious when you talk to them! I hadn't planned on tweeking my car before I went to the meet, but now..... :devil:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Chance said:
For one of those who doesn't have their car yet, the meet was still GREAT! While I have ordered my car and am expecting it around March, I still hadn't gotten a chance to really "experience" the car. Any reservations I had are now totally gone!! And thanks to Solate and his Envious baby....I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MARCH! Once more, thanks for the ride Solate! YOU ARE THE MAN! Though, I am also indebted to your copilot.

I encourage anyone considering attending the next meet to please do so. This is a great group of people! (I know...I can't seem to get GREAT our to my head).

I also have to thank Crimson and Ted for putting the event together! You guys are AWESOME.

One more thing. I had the chance to talk to the Kappasphere guys. I for one am going to watch them carefully. They have some great ideas (sorry) planned and are bent on only delivering a quality product. Besides, their love of the car is incredibly obvious when you talk to them! I hadn't planned on tweeking my car before I went to the meet, but now..... :devil:
You are more than welcome. The car is just so much fun you want to share the excitement. It was great to see all the new cars out there, mine was the only one with a license plate (rear), but I think a number of the people without cars also had an outstanding time. There are few things that are more fun than getting a bunch of Solstice owners together sharing their car and experiences.

While I shared this with many at the meet, it does deserve one more comment. On the trip to the meet, we left rather early and were cruising rather briskly up the coast. Just outside of Santa Barbara, I noticed in my rear view mirror, a motorcycle closing quickly behind me. Glancing down, I noted that the speedometer read 80 and the speed limit was 65. He passed me on the right, pulled over in front of me and slowed down, then moved back to the right for me to come even with him. Expecting him to signal me to pull over, instead with a large nodding smile – he gave me a thumbs up and sped off. It seems even the CHP likes the look of the Solstice.

·
Registered
215 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:

The meet was great and hats off to the Kappasphere boys. I took their little ol Solstice out for a quick run in San Simeon and I was impressed. The intake and exhaust combine to make a nice little boost in throttle response. The new exhaust note is significant even at idle but not overbearing. Definately worth more interest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts