Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uploaded pics of underneat the car here

www.ddz.net/solstice/lift

I pick the car up at 1:00pm and will see anyone who wants to come at Heid's in Liverpool/Syracuse, NY at 6pm and later.

Particularly THESE pics.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...goes a long way

Good pics. The only reason you have that dollar left over to show, is that the Solstice is so reasonably priced. Congrats.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...good idea

Excelsior said:
I will make sure I wheresgeorge this dollar bill, too!
be sure to draw the Sol logo on it when you do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you break down the costs for the car, including fees? I think us 1st 1000 folk would like to know what others are paying, so that we can discourage any dealers from taking advantage of us.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...lol

Excelsior said:
And I can't cause I already spent it at WalMart on the way home... :( But I put it in there unmarked!

I will take a new picture to replace this one so I can properly mark it.
You can where'sgeorge it but only psychics will know to look it up on the net.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ground clearance shouldn't be worse than my former 85 300ZX turbo with a cow catcher air dam front end. Had to be VERY careful with that! Low enough to scoop road kill!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Excelsior said:
In case anyone doesn't realize this, a dollar bill is EXTREMELY close to 6" long.
Would you please look at the stickers inside the drivers side door and let us know what the GVWR-Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Excelsior said:
Another thing I notice is that there is a bump in the rear wheelwell(probably for a reason) that would really prevent someone from putting larger rims on this thing unless the plus size it properly.
The little bumps you are referring to are actually on the model cars as well. They appear to be clearance for the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
528 Posts
rover said:
Would you please look at the stickers inside the drivers side door and let us know what the GVWR-Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is?
Okay, here is the scoop on the GVWR ratiing number. This is an EPA mandated number generated by factors that include interior volumes and the like. The number is a governmental generated BS number based on safe weight by volume. I.E. you can put more that 350-375 lbs of passenger and cargo into your Solstice, but government regs say you are outside the recommended limited for actual volume space.

The car is tested to withstand much more interior weight than listed. So, all you fat guys and chicks out there, no need to worry. If you can shoehorn your big a** in there you are good go... :lol:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Is GM planning AWD or are the front and rear suspension uprights from the same casting?????

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Great, informative pics.

Now lets all put on our CSI ball caps and get out our official CSI pen lights. Using the oxidation rate of carbon steel as a time constant and the quantity of rust on the unpainted dirty bits, it appears your car was actually built three or four weeks ago (actually 25 days, 17 hours, 39 minutes). With a built in delay in countdown between assembly and arrival, that means that a whole lot of you EOP'ers have cars just sitting waiting to be claimed! I say you storm the gates and take what's yours! They can't stop all of you! :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The same HUB and spindle is used on the front and back to reduce the cost.
Actually that's pretty shrewd and a creative solution.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No, let's keep the AWD rumor going. :lol:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The same HUB and spindle is used on the front and back to reduce the cost.
Thanks just wanted to be sure. It appeared that way in the renderings. Those are the first close ups I've seen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Excelsior said:
I will make sure I wheresgeorge this dollar bill, too!

..and then I can enter it in "wheresgeorge" from the serial that is visible in the photo and it will look like it made it to Michigan at supersonic speed !! :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts