Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this works I haven't posted pictures before. We had a post a while about waxes and Zaino was discussed so I thought I would show some pictures of my freshly done LeMans and this is the first time I used it on this car. Keep in mind this is a 28 year old laquer paint job, just imagine what it would do for a new clear coat finish. Not a paid advertiser or associated with them just love the product.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GradSoulStice said:
how hard was the application process? from the instructions on the site it seems quite time consuming. oh and how many layers did you do?
Do to the age of the paint I started with a wash in Dawn dishsoap and before rinsing I ran the clay bar over it (washed it inside) . Then I did 3 coats of Z5 and 2 coats of Z3 with an application of Z6 between each coat. I used the accelerator and each coat was ready to remove as soon as I completed applying it to the entire car, however I waited about 10 minutes after each coat for good measure. the Z6 took about 5 minutes to apply each time. From start to finish I would say I have about 5 hrs in the job. With clear coat and newer paint you could probably eliminate a couple coats of the Z5.

This car shines better that it ever has.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Looks great. Zaino is definitely king of the hill, though I still do see swirl marks. You better get back at 'er! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Looks sharp! I get tired just thinking about multiple applications of similar product at the same time. I tried one product like that at the suggestino of my brother-in-law. I went back to my old ways. One new product I tried over the weekend was the new gel wax from ArmorAll that you allpy to wet vehicle and just dry car as usual with chamois or cloth.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darkhamr said:
Looks great. Zaino is definitely king of the hill, though I still do see swirl marks. You better get back at 'er! :lol:
Actually you don't see much of that with the naked eye, that showed up in the one shot where the sun is reflected in the paint. But as I said this is a 28 year old paint job. I guess I should have done before and after shots.

·
Registered
154 Posts
let us know in a couple of months how the shine holds up, and how soon you have to spend another five hours on the car. If it lasts a while with just washing and drying (or dusting) it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waiting said:
let us know in a couple of months how the shine holds up, and how soon you have to spend another five hours on the car. If it lasts a while with just washing and drying (or dusting) it would be a good investment.
I can tell you that right now, I have used it on my Magnum and it has been on for months now and still has a very nice shine and smooth feeling even after a number of trips through the car wash. Just spray on the Z6 after a wash and it is like new. The car looks as though it has a crystal clear protective barrier over the paint.

·
Registered
168 Posts
waiting said:
I'm another sold on Zaino. I have a 2001 PT, black. I have used nothing but the zaino polish system on my car. I only drive it in the summer, store it in the winter.

I got it out last month and washed it only, no other applications. In the last week, I have hd 2 people ask me when I got the new car.

I have about 5 applicatons of show car wax on it right now and it is beautiful.

I have ordered the cool Solstice, but I'm thinking about changing it to black because the Zaino is such a terrific polish. It goes on easy and I would say is the best I've ever seen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts