Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sol Internet CarShow

Hey guys,
I don't know about you guys, but it has been a little boring around here, for me anyways. Not much new stuff being posted other than alot of folks getting their cars, mine not here yet. And don't expect it till maybe March next year is my best guesstimation.

Thought of something to get things going a little bit. How about a picture contest. We have all kinds of folks with cars now. Maybe divide it up into all the color option categories and have a best overall picture category. Sure DoriSan already has some great pictures of a "Pure" and this will inspire more pictures for us "Solless" souls......What do you guy's think?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is this for only people who own Sols? What I mean is this supposed to be like a take a photo of "your" solstice and compare them, or is this also for those who don't own one, but enjoy photoshopping? ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my idea at first was mainly all the color options plus best overall but yeah I do really enjoy the photochop pictures. Sure we could do that too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
otalldon said:
Hey guys,
I don't know about you guys, but it has been a little boring around here, for me anyways. Not much new stuff being posted other than alot of folks getting their cars, mine not here yet. And don't expect it till maybe March next year is my best guesstimation.

Thought of something to get things going a little bit. How about a picture contest. We have all kinds of folks with cars now. Maybe divide it up into all the color option categories and have a best overall picture category. Sure DoriSan already has some great pictures of a "Pure" and this will inspire more pictures for us "Solless" souls......What do you guy's think?

I've been posting alot of pictures on my threads. But if you want, I can repost in this thread.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sure how about posting this as the first Solstice Forum Car Show? This should inspire alot of folks to send in some really great pictures. Can't wait to see what Rodeo, Dori San and you Marco will come up with. And all kinds of folks who have just received theirs. Also the guys who are the Photochop pros. We have just got to get a mod to run with the idea now. To set it up where people can vote on the posted pictures and then setup a new category on the pictures gallery to post the winners....... I really look forward to how this turns out.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
otalldon said:
Sure how about posting this as the first Solstice Forum Car Show? This should inspire alot of folks to send in some really great pictures. Can't wait to see what Rodeo, Dori San and you Marco will come up with. And all kinds of folks who have just received theirs. Also the guys who are the Photochop pros. We have just got to get a mod to run with the idea now. To set it up where people can vote on the posted pictures and then setup a new category on the pictures gallery to post the winners....... I really look forward to how this turns out.

Why not have a monthly competition? And then a yearly from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place monthly winners? Could lead to a sweet Solstice calendar.

This would allow later delivered cars and owners to participate.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
Why not have a monthly competition? And then a yearly from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place monthly winners? Could lead to a sweet Solstice calendar.

This would allow later delivered cars and owners to participate.
Excellent idea! Can't wait until the car gets here so I can start snappin' the photos!

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Marco said:
I didn't have it framed well because my eyes were closed :lol:
You were going 120... with your eyes closed WHILE taking a picture?

...and you are here telling us this.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
orlando said:
I guess it is not very important to break a new car in slowly. I wondered if I could get on it or not. I was going to wait for at least 1,000 miles.
Sitting Duck
I've got 2400 miles on mine. I took the time to break it in properly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well then. Looks like you got another goal set for ya. :cool:

Bravo:thumbs:. I got my sunfire up to 110 once. Thought the doors were gonna fall off :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Liam1694u said:
Well then. Looks like you got another goal set for ya. :cool:

Bravo:thumbs:. I got my sunfire up to 110 once. Thought the doors were gonna fall off :lol:
I'll never forget taking my Mom's aquamarine green Pacer on the Garden State Parkway once. I tried pushing the gas pedal through the floorboard........76............77.....................78...................................79!!!!!!!!!!!! Done. :lol:

But it was perfect for donuts and figure 8's in the snow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Marco said:
I'll never forget taking my Mom's aquamarine green Pacer on the Garden State Parkway once. I tried pushing the gas pedal through the floorboard........76............77.....................78...................................79!!!!!!!!!!!! Done. :lol:

But it was perfect for donuts and figure 8's in the snow.
:glol: Fantastic :glol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So mods, do we get a thumbs down on this one?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts