Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I finally got a chance to drive over to Lordstown to see the Solstices awaiting shipping.

I took some pictures and will post probably tomorrow.

I drove around the plant a bit. First of all, there are THOUSANDS of Cobalts awaiting shippiing.

I couldn't get to all the areas that the Solstices were at, but I first saw 3 rows in all colors. About 60 or 70 in that location. Then closer to where they load them on trucks, there was a group of about 20.

Then further back I spotted another colection of 10 or 20.

In addition there were several if not many that were scattered in with Cobalts.

They aren't doing any inspecting here.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...it's mine

Did you happen to see a black Sol with two tone leather interior, and polished alum wheels? How close to a railcar was it sitting? That one is mine.
:cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
No, that was mine....I have been waiting longer... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
HSolstice said:
What is Colbalt?
Chevy replacement for Cavalier. How could you miss the ads of teh cars playing basketball and bouncing one off the 'vette that growls back at them and they scatter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the info, and yep I guess I missed the ads. Too stuck on the solstice and not paying any attention to other car ads. :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...no you haven't

mssleepr said:
No, that was mine....I have been waiting longer... :lol:
If you ordered your Sol according to the rules you have not been waiting longer. I ordered on April 15, 2005. That is the order I have been waiting for,even tho it's not a 1st 1k. Time is still time my friend.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RichSol said:
Did you happen to see a black Sol with two tone leather interior, and polished alum wheels? How close to a railcar was it sitting? That one is mine.

I did see one that matches that description. Some employees were taking them for joy rides. Figure 8's, donuts, smoking in the car.....you know, the usual :lol:

Driving around the parking lot in my solstice, I felt like I could have driven anywhere I want and they would have thought it's either an exec or someone driving a car from point a to point b.

Like I said, I'll try to shoot up the rest of my roll of film and post tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Were there colors represented in greater numbers than others that you noticed?

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
RichSol said:
Hate to break it to ya, Rich, but it was snagged for me. :lol:

Scheduled for Monday arrival in Anniston, AL :party:

mssleepr, one of my first trips may have to be down your way to give you a fix to tide you over. Hang in there :grouphug: . They've gotta find yours soon! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2KWK4U said:
Were there colors represented in greater numbers than others that you noticed?
Mysterious, Sly and Deep were prevelent. I saw a few pures and agressives and some envious, but not as many. Some cools.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Where is Lordstown

Can somebody tell me where exactly Lordstown Ohio is?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sol1570 said:
Can somebody tell me where exactly Lordstown Ohio is?
Its near Youngstown, Ohio. Right off of Rt 80 (Ohio Turnpike) about 20-30 miles west of the Pa. stateline.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Found it

Thanks for the location of Lordstown.
I was hoping it was on the west side of the state,
thought I might take a drive for myself, but it's to far away.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Thanks, marco, looking forward to the pictures. Yu da man!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Soltice Games.......

What were those Solstice's doing? Playing with the Cobalts? Tell those cars play time is over. Time to get on the transpo trucks and head home. :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Iwant1 said:
So where are the pictures?
He doesn't have a digital camera (BTW why not? You do know we are in the 21st century right? Analog cameras are SSSSOOOOO 20th century ;) ) He had to burn through the rest of his roll of film, then get it developed, then scan them before he can post.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...retitle this thread please

The title is very misleading (it leads only to disappointment). It should be retitled "waiting for pics from Lordstown".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts