Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah GMinsidenews.com snagged those images from the site MCEB mentioned.
Lots of nice pics. :thumbs:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
Didn't someone mention media release of some kind coming up? Guess the car mags will be publishing stories in a month or 2.
Yep! Small Dealer mentioned just recently that the long lead press event was this month.

*Rant* I guess I am going to have to finally comment on this, as I have been holding back. However, I just do not like how obvious the wrinkles in the buttress material shows up. I can only asume the material is a little loose because the slack is necessary to fold the buttress up, but it stands out bad. It makes the top look old and worn, and these cars are brand new. I hope GM can find away to smooth that out a little and make it look cleaner. It certainly won't stop me from buying one, but I'd like it even better if they can clean that up!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Take away the dirt on the tops because the cars haven't been detailed but agree I guess the wrinkles might be here to stay. Maybe they'll go away over time...who knows.

Looks like the front fascia gap looks good :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Envious is a moniker that suits the emerald green metallic,because I get that emotion when I see my car in photos.Excellent pics.Come'on Pontiac me wants my Litha. :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Top appears to be tight everywhere but the buttresses. But then I wont be driving it unless the top can be down... so who's going to see it but me in the garage. Interesting delema with the buttress feature. Interesting for design but tough in execution.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great Pictures! Many of these vehicles look fairly well used. The fit on these vehicles doesn't seem to be quite as good as the one that I'm supposed to get to drive tomorrow. There seem to be some slight differences, with nary a scratch and hardly a fingerprint on the example I have access to, however briefly. (see my Driving Aggressive thread late tomorrow for updates.)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Remo said:
The fit on these vehicles doesn't seem to be quite as good as the one that I'm supposed to get to drive tomorrow.
I hope these are the best they have if they are showing them to the press :eek:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Leather shortage except for preproduction???

If Pontiac under estimated the demand for leather and are passing over orders with leather, why are they using leather on all the preproduction cars that we have seen?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I love these cars wrinkles and all, hopefully they work them out, but they are are great looking vehicle regardless.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Pontiac doesn't know what to do with license plates either

Andrew Jackson said:
There are New Pictures on GMinsidenews.com/Forums
Under Pontiac
If someone no's how to put them on this site that would be great.Thanks
These pictures prove Pontiac hasn't figured out what to do with the license plates either, why else would they be on the dashboard????

I know they are Michigan plates and they only need one, but it kinda shows what we were saying about the plates spoiling the look.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
:agree: about the top.... I'm also disappointed they haven't returned to the brushed aluminum heat/AC control knobs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just ordered mine today...deep and steel/sand...but unfortunately I do live in Maryland and need a front plate. Maybe I can get away without it. Im not putting one on unless the local yokels make me! These pics are great though...but would like to see the Deep in some.

·
Registered
59 Posts
WOW, they fixed the fit probs on all the body panels! The tops still looks a little funky on some spots. But I know I don't care (just as long as it doesn't leak). Also, I'm disapointed to see that they have gotten rid of the silver inserts on the hvac controls (even on the 2 tone interiors.) Finally, that red looks so darn good its hard now to choose between Green and red.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts