Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I like black, but it just looks horrible under that lighting they have at the show. It just makes it look kinda strange. Hopefully GM will give us some naturaly lit images of all the colors sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notice that the grill and back end piece are not painted black. Thinking that this may indicate they will be that silver/grey color regardless of what color the car is.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Notice that the grill and back end piece are not painted black. Thinking that this may indicate they will be that silver/grey color regardless of what color the car is.
Exactly why I'm second guessing my original choice of darker colors. I'm warming up to silver or grey because the chrome/grey accents blend better.

Up front you have the grille and the chrome accents on the windshield frame, in back there is that small grille near bottom. I'll have to see what the dark color looks like in person to know for sure.

:willy:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny, lately I've been thinking of switching from some sort of silver to yellow due to previous problems with metalic paint fadeing. But after seeing the "metalic grey" pieces next to painted parts, I'm wondering how that will look. It looks like my worst fear has been realised and it will have unpainted body pieces at both ends. Why do they do this? How much more does it cost to paint the entire car?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Funny, lately I've been thinking of switching from some sort of silver to yellow due to previous problems with metalic paint fadeing.
Did not know that, silver has a fading problem?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess actually most colors fade to silver. It's the dark silver that has me a little worried. Will the Tarnished Silver loose its tarnish?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts