Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got mine in today's mail. Must've been delivered using Punisher (Colorado->Maryland in one business day!)

Very nice. Very OEM-looking job! Thanks, Rob, for doing this.
Glad they arrived ok.

I was amazed at the finish. The guys who made them for us did it using a big CNC machine. They managed to get the rough finish on the bottom side which will help keep it in place while giving a very smooth, shiny surface on the top which results in a very low coefficient of friction so it will operate better than the factory part.

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got mine on Monday, also.Great looking job. I guess the pressure's on me now to get the job finished. Thanks very much, Rob, for ALL you do to help us out.
Glad you got them. I too was very happy with the quality

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So, do they work for the early "A" tops? And a hole must be drilled & tapped?

cm
I do not physically have a type one top, but I believe that they can be installed. You would probably need to trim the rubber to form a mating surface and at least drill a screw hole. Just be very careful as the embedded metal tab is made of metal that will burn if heated sufficiently

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 07 GXP and always wondered why my top snagged at this point. I countered it by always putting the top up and down very slowly and with a person helping. Am I understanding that I have a "plan A top" and i would have to modify the assembly and clips to use them?

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
My 07 has the clips. Its easy to check. Just pull up on the top when its partially up. You can see if there is a clip or not. If the clip is broken you should see the screw.

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The last five orders are going out this morning.

Unfortunately shipping to Canada turns out to be $20 and not $6. My fault.

This shipment brings us up to date on all funds received. I had two members who initially requested a set but I have not received funds from them so can't ship yet.

Going forward if anyone finds they need a set, let me know as we will be stocking them for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The last five orders are going out this morning.

Unfortunately shipping to Canada turns out to be $20 and not $6. My fault.

This shipment brings us up to date on all funds received. I had two members who initially requested a set but I have not received funds from them so can't ship yet.

Going forward if anyone finds they need a set, let me know as we will be stocking them for the foreseeable future.
Just sent you the money to cover the extra shipping to Canada.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts