Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking at a schematic of a connector pinout, am I looking at the connecting face of the connector or the wiring side of the connector? This has always confused me. Is there a schematic standard view or do the schematics vary? Connector in question is the temp sensor connector shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Get a magnifying glass and look carefully at the connector. The terminal cavity numbers (maybe not all of them) are molded into the connector itself to verify you have the correct pinout.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a magnifying glass and look carefully at the connector. The terminal cavity numbers (maybe not all of them) are molded into the connector itself to verify you have the correct pinout.
will look. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,547 Posts
Depending on why you need to know which is which, the wire color will tell you. If the wires are in place, of course.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on why you need to know which is which, the wire color will tell you. If the wires are in place, of course.
The previous owner had, for some reason, cut the wires and replaced them with two white wires. I opened the harness far enough to expose the correct color yellow and tan wires so that I could replace the whites with the correct colors. The plug was damaged as well and I bought a new one to replace it. In the process, I looked up the pinout, thus the question about the pinout schematic. The temp sensor is working fine as it is, I just can't resist working on something that aint broke.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Bill,

We are gifted in being able to create work in the vacuum of proper operation. Note this does not account for, or depend upon, wire colors...

Richard Snipes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts