Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member with 2006 Solstice no on star has Monsoon.
My problem is as follows, used the Metra Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 and the ASWC-1 harnesses with the head unit. Also installed a XROOSE rear camera all according to the printed installation instructions. I have no steering wheel controls even though I followed all the ASWC programming to include resetting multiple times, I think the module may be the issue. As to the camera it operates on a slight delay when I shift into reverse, then when shifted out will not allow the head unit back into normal mode. I have looked through the thread on the forum, and also looked through Metra Axxess web pages along with Pioneer's web site the head unit show on Pioneer's Malaysia web. Love the car just wanted a back up camera and bluetooth for the radio any and all assistance is appreciated. sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello all, new member with 2006 Solstice no on star has Monsoon.
My problem is as follows, used the Metra Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 and the ASWC-1 harnesses with the head unit. Also installed a XROOSE rear camera all according to the printed installation instructions. I have no steering wheel controls even though I followed all the ASWC programming to include resetting multiple times, I think the module may be the issue. As to the camera it operates on a slight delay when I shift into reverse, then when shifted out will not allow the head unit back into normal mode. I have looked through the thread on the forum, and also looked through Metra Axxess web pages along with Pioneer's web site the head unit show on Pioneer's Malaysia web. Love the car just wanted a back up camera and bluetooth for the radio any and all assistance is appreciated. sorry for the long post.
I had a similar problem with the GMOS LA04. I ended up e-mailing Metra tech support, and they sent me a custom troubleshooting instruction PDF. I don't remember what I had to do, but it was simple, and it worked.
As far as the camera goes, I'd double check the camera/ head unit trigger wire. It sounds to me like the head unit is sensing constant power from the camera, so it won't switch out of camera view.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar problem with the GMOS LA04. I ended up e-mailing Metra tech support, and they sent me a custom troubleshooting instruction PDF. I don't remember what I had to do, but it was simple, and it worked.
As far as the camera goes, I'd double check the camera/ head unit trigger wire. It sounds to me like the head unit is sensing constant power from the camera, so it won't switch out of camera view.
Thank you for the response.
I fixed the camera issue (watched about 30+ videos on you tube about camera installs).
I will contact Metra about the Steering Wheel switches, no matter what I do they won't work.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts