Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just picked up my Pioneer X940BT to install in my 2007 Solstice without monsoon. I was told by the guy at the audio store it would fit and I purchased the wiring harness and the frame kit.

Now I see on Crutchfield that this model "does not fit" my car. I haven't taken the dash off yet but planned on doing the install on Tuesday.

Does anyone know why it would not fit if the Pioneer D3 fits? They are both double din navigation and I have installed the D3 in my Hyundai Tiburon before.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It fits,I believe that there is some interface cabling that they also sell,just looked into it yesterday,will have to get back to you on it.To the best of my correctional ,it had to do with the monsoon amp,but it will work just fine,I am in the process of buying one for my 07 with the same upgraded radio that you have,Monsoon amp and sat .

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
sweeet. I ALWAYS mod the stereo. I have so in every car I've owned since 1983. My Vette had 2 punch 10's and a punch 500 amp and this lil 6in woofer doesn't vibrate the rearview mirror like I'm used to. I'm sure I'll eventually change mine and it's good to see there's stuff out there that fits and looks good. nice work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I always mod my cars. I have the HID lights, nav/dvd system and limo tint. Viper alarm with motion alert to my keys.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
as soon as I get my turbo and remove the airbox, I'm gonna paint the grills black and install 2 white neon light strips behind the grills. This kid down the street with an 013 Camaro has a set on his and it looks freakin killer at night. Mine will get tint in the near future. that's a must have. You have limo all the way around or just on the back?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
that's how my 78 TA was. All black interior, windows blacked out and car was painted hooper red with centerlines. that car was the **** back in the day. Chevy 454 with about 500hp. way big fun. anyway, I like that combo. bet it looks sharp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts