Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who among us non EOP forum members have secured a car through their dealer's 1st allocation?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm #2

I am number 2 on my dealers regular allocation, barring someone dropping off the EOP and getting me a shot at one of the first 1000. He has even said he will look into the Chrome wheels if they are really going to be available in Sept.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I haven't ordered yet, but I have noticed a couple local dealers have been advertising in the paper to get people to order so they must be looking for people to order out of allocation.

There probably is some randomness to the exact date of build. Options can play a role in that too. However, GM is likely to try and fill the allocations to dealers as they are available. Once a dealer submits and order to the factory, and the factory accepts it and assigns it a VIN, its still going to be built within a certain time frame. Its not like they would delay it for a year.

I am sure Small dealer, Cornejo, or one of the other dealers on the forum could give you more detail on the whole ordering, building, and deliver process for regular allocation vehicles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think adding options would only delay if a particular item for that option is backordered or not available. Otherwise, I think they will be made somewhat in the order in which they were ordered.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Josh said:
If you ordered....wouldnt it be random as in when the vehicle is made and sent to you? I'm thinking a base model with just A/C will be produced before an optioned Solstice.
For dealers with multiple cars in their allotment, they can prioritize the order of their orders. I don't know that this guarantees the order that they will arrive at the dealer, but it at least gives the dealer an opportunity to try and deliver the cars in the order in which the customers showed up.

I myself am order #1 of my dealer's initial allotment of 4 cars, since my deposit was in about a month and a half before the April 14th Apprentice episode. I certainly hope my Solstice will get delivered before someone who just showed up on the 15th after seeing the car on the Apprentice. (Not that I could do much of anything if its not.) :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm #2 out of 3 from the dealer I got it through, as of last week he still had 1 left to order. I couldn't believe I was only the 2nd person to ask if they had any left.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I would think that a car that has ALL the options would be produced first since that would give them a good run to see if something might go wrong and fix it. So just A/C should be one of the later builds and by that time, there should be absolutely no problems.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I was #2 on EOP list but only #1 got a car, so I'm #1 normal allocation now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am waitlisted, I was first dealer allocation order. My dealer ordered 5 on allocation, he is only going to get 3.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Just got a call from my Pontiac Dealer, He told me Pontiac ****ed Up, when it came to zip codes starting with zero. I am still first on his list for the second allocation, And if I still want a Solstice , He can get me one, at the end of October. Is it really worth getting a car and storing it right when I get it?

With G.M.s record losses posted today, Maybe they want to bring us disgruntled wannabes, back into their Show Rooms. Mitch :devil:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
MITCH said:
Is it really worth getting a car and storing it right when I get it?
A lot of people may be asking themselves this question. It depends on how popular the car is. If you don't think there will be many around to get your hands on come spring, it may be the best bet to insure you have one by spring 2006. If the car sells well, but doesn't sell out, then your just torturing yourself by seeing it in the garage every night! If the car ends up not selling well, then you may just pay a premium to have it early, store it, then bring it out in the spring when there are discounts available. I doubt that will happen, but who knows for sure.

At any rate, its a tough call.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dealer allocation order

I stopped by my local dealer on the 17th, with my early order form ect. He
placed my order on the 18th monday morning. We talked today and he gave me my VOM #. I am the 2nd car allocated at this dealership and he was allocated 4 and he has sold all 4 allocations and he is giving me the sales
banner that is the actual size of the car.I was just a little slow in getting to
the dealership. I should have been their on the 15th.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Starting up production in mid-season is exactly what added pressure to the EOP. Many expected some delays so the first 1000 became extra critical for those of us in the north. I'm with Ff88, might be better to beat the spring '06 rush? Unless of course you'd want to chance the higher output engine or special color that might be coming out next spring...then I'd wait.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My EOP dealer got zip for an allocation. (No pun intended)
The other dealer placed my order this morning and I became a confirmed owner of car #11. Their allocation was 13.
Since I ordered "Cool" silver, I'm hoping there's enough of a demand of that color to get me rolling by September.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts