Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
6,372 Posts
The OP is talking about the plastic panel underneith that screws to the bumper cover. Not the actual lower grille.

White Motor vehicle Organism Handwriting Automotive lighting

#27 in this photo.which is part number 25817337

It doesn't say that have been discontinued so they might still be able to be purchased from GM. Give crateenginedeopt a call and ask them if they can get the part. he will search all of the GM parts inventory and see if he can get it.

Here is one on ebay. they are asking full retail price for it tho.

Reactions: Alex Alfaya

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
However there is a missing grille. Maybe the OP doesn't know there is supposed to be a grille in that opening under the license plate.

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
789 Posts
The OP is talking about the plastic panel underneith that screws to the bumper cover. Not the actual lower grille.

View attachment 123066

#27 in this photo.which is part number 25817337

I hope you are right. I don't NEED the grille, I need the part underneath. I hope to Hell this is it....

It doesn't say that have been discontinued so they might still be able to be purchased from GM. Give crateenginedeopt a call and ask them if they can get the part. he will search all of the GM parts inventory and see if he can get it.

Here is one on ebay. they are asking full retail price for it tho.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Yup that's the one that I mentioned.

It's the whole width of the car. expensive to ship it because of the 5' length

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
In the OP vehicle the grille IS missing tho.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
That part is a bracket. It is a plastic panel that supports the front bumper cover. I ties together everything down there so it doesn't move around. A bracket is something that supports another thing. which is what this parts does.

Reactions: Loneranger

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
@ChopTop

Yes that is the piece.

That is the one that the OP has pointed to in the photo. The one with the hole in it.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Sleeve Font Bumper Automotive exterior Handwriting

The piece you have circled is part number 25817337

and I noted what is wrong with this photo.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Car

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Can't really tell from your photo, but I wonder if previous damage has broken the bottom 'bar' of the bumper? That is a single molded part, so you would need a whole new bumper.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
The grille not being there means that bar at the bottom that the brace screws to is not going to be properly supported. The grille helps hold everything together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts