Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the plastic piece is for on the trunk of picture dsc02364 which is in the gallery misc. file? Mount for rear rack? :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Without even looking at the picture you're talking about, I'm gonna say that it is the XM antenna. Yeah, pretty stupid location if you ask me... glad I didn't get it.

edit: damn... hyzer beat me to it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Could you provide a direct link to the picture? I am not easily finding it by searching right now... thanks!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I would want it right next to the FM antenna... but having it in the middle makes the entire rear deck lid a giant satellite dish.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hyzer and my post must have crossed in the mail! :)

Yep, XM Satelite Antenna.

Too bad it's not painted the color of the car.... does anyone know if they can be painted without hurting reception?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine will be! :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Hyzer and my post must have crossed in the mail! :)

Yep, XM Satelite Antenna.

Too bad it's not painted the color of the car.... does anyone know if they can be painted without hurting reception?
they can be painted without a problem and not impair reception.....lots of other Xm info over at xm411.com

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
IMHO even if you were to painted the same color, it will still not look good in that location, it ruins the smooth look of the rear deck.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the info Pao! :thumbs:

LatinVenom said:
IMHO even if you were to painted the same color, it will still not look good in that location, it ruins the smooth look of the rear deck.
I agree, but at least if it was the same color it may not stick out as much. Especially on a lighter color car, like that silver, or a white one.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I love the idea that you need a big ugly antenna to get AM/FM, but you only need a 2" square to receive communications from outer space! They need an AM/FM antenna upgrade package.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
stang said:
I love the idea that you need a big ugly antenna to get AM/FM, but you only need a 2" square to receive communications from outer space! They need an AM/FM antenna upgrade package.
Ah, but you don't need any ugly antenna for AM/FM. This car has one, but many new cars have an AM/FM antenna built into the rear backlight. :)

I suppose the Sol's target price was too low for GM to splurge on an in-glass Antenna for the Sol.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
stang said:
Oh, but they do! I'm gonna have the AM/FM antenna upgrade.

It's gonna be upgraded right into my attic and never seen again...

That should certainly help my MP3 player reception anyhow! ;)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dori-san said:
Oh, but they do! I'm gonna have the AM/FM antenna upgrade.

It's gonna be upgraded right into my attic and never seen again...

That should certainly help my MP3 player reception anyhow! ;)
ditto.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same here! I'm going to buy the shortest replacement antenna I can find just so I don't have a little threaded knub on my car. But my main source of music will be my Dell DJ20. I ordered all my car adaptor accessories for it today even!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
antenna blues

I thought the pictures with the gross antenna were for the mules. Sad to put such an antique on a evo car.????????? Pontiac does have some quota employees in the design section as well it seems. Mine will go to the garage pile as well.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I was wondering if that XM antenna was only in that location on a mule, or are they actually leaving it there? :confused: I might take it off of the order, if that is the final look ...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I was wondering if that XM antenna was only in that location on a mule, or are they actually leaving it there? :confused: I might take it off of the order, if that is the final look ...
Yup, that's where it goes (middle of rear deck lid).

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mceb said:
Yup, that's where it goes (middle of rear deck lid).
:eek: :cryin: :eek: :banghead:

I want XM, but I might cancel it ... I wonder how bad it stands out on a Sly Sol?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts