Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a man of debt and haste.

I have been reading hundreds, if not thousands of your posts in the last two months and I say to many of you, thank you for the information and all the laughs.

I had put a deposit on a Mini Convertible (S) and later that week my salesperson from my pontiac dealer convinced to try even though I was 4th or 5th in line for the eop.

My dealership ship got 5 alloted and now like many of you am in eager anticipation of my piece of "fun in the sun, fun in my Soltice"

Mysterious, two tone, everything I could get

This is the first time I've ever bought a car without sitting in, much less than driving, but many of the posts have assured me that my 6'2" frame will fit.

I have recently moved to a new house and today my first EOP package finally caught up with me.
I recieved my Soltice hat, and I saw a sign that my car would be OK, the hat fit perfectly without adjustment (7 5/8).

I felt like having a Steve Martin moment out of the Jerk with the phone book.

"my new soltice hat is here, I'm somebody"

Looking forward to going to the Cleveland GP Sunday with it. I hope more than 6 cars race.

I look forward to discussing our impending births.

One comment I hope to hear from all of you is how much mileage does your odometer read when you pick it up. I don't want my dealer to let another sole drive it.
In fact I'll probably offer to prep the car myself.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Welcome Marco, to the SolsticeForum and in a few more months will be talking about our driving experiences.
By the way there is also a T shirt coming and of course the CAR!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Marco said:
I felt like having a Steve Martin moment out of the Jerk with the phone book.

"my new soltice hat is here, I'm somebody"
That's awesome! :cool:

·
5,600 Posts
Helloooooooo Marco!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome friend.

You raise an interesting point I hadn't considered. Ill have to let my dealer know clearly that no one is to drive the car at all before I take delivery.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And by the way, I know how to spell solstice, my fingers just don't know how tpye

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The wait is about to catch up with alot of us. The gifts do seem to help us get through it. The laughter helps too. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you decided to join the active forum from instead of staying a lurker! :lol: Also, congrats on getting one of the EOP cars! :thumbs:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Marco, welcome. Glad you are here. I'm in NE Ohio, too. I'm trying to keep very busy and let the days pass as quickly as possible until my First 1000 Solstice arrives.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Hope you guessed my name. :devil:

Next line, rockers...

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer already told me that they are keeping the first solstice they get in for several days before they deliver it to the customer. They want the sales people to get a good hard look at it. They also want people who have ordered them to get a good hard look at it. I also suspect at very least the sales manager will drive it. And if you were the 16 year old porter, wouldn't you run it around the block every time you were asked to move it from point a to point b?

I wouldn't doubt that during those couple days that the solstice goes up on one of those ramps in front of the dealership to drive traffic into the dealership.

The fact of the matter is, that there is no down side for the dealer. Let's say you get mad. What are you going to do? Cancel?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was having problems with my internet connection on the one year anniversary.
So a bit belated, but.......

What a year. Good and bad.

Now as the Summer begins, I realize how much more fun it would have been to get the car earlier. The plus side to that was the bonding that went on as we shared our pain and frustration.

I tried to do my part in providing updates from Lordstown and some of the earlier pictures.

Please forgive me Gizmo, but I still haven't hit a thousand post's.

I do believe we have been one of GM's best sales tools.

We still don't know who Solsticeman is. Hey SM, I've found out more about the people on "Lost" than I have about you, what's the big deal?

I'm sorry I'll miss the first "National", but I'll make it some year.

I guess I must have been psychic with the first words of my first thread

I'm a man of debt ($175 plus higher insurance premiums) and haste (130 mph)

I used to call the Indianapolis 500 the most overrated race in motorsports......well I had that theory shoved down my throat this weekend as I attended my first one.

Whats better than a Solstice on the road.........more than 1. 35 is even cooler.

I thought the demographic of Solstice owners were a lot more varied till I started meeting some. We have more in common than I first thought.

Rodeo, your still the guy I look most forward to meeting.

Thank you Troy. I look forward to becoming a supporting member as soon if not sooner than when my insurance premiums drop.

Once again thanks for all the laughs and to Bob, Lori, and all others involved, I thank you for all the fun I've had and continue to have.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Thanks for bringing this one to the top-and I'd have to agree on all counts.

What a year, well my year didn't start until June 12th, when I ordered, or Aug something when I joined the forum. Hard to believe it's been a whole year almost, time flies when you're having fun, and the forum has been fun.

I can say I haven't met a Solstice or Sky owner yet that I didn't like, I'll let you know if it holds true after the National :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts