Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What should I do to the Mechanics that F*cked up my car?

• Post a detailed Descrition of everything they messed up on every forum there is, including this one.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Leave a terrible, detailed review everywhere on the internet: Google. Google Maps, BBB, Yelp, etc.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Leave their name and number on bathroom walls "For a Terrible Mechanic - Call ###-####"

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • File an insurance claim against them.

• Sh!T in a box, and mail it to them.

• Burn down their shop.

• Summon demons from the depths of Hades to torment their eternal souls.

• All of the Above

Votes: 6 75.0%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, I have a trifecta tune en route from DDM. Is there anything I should know about installing it ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well...I've received the cable and sent them data...but I'm still waiting for my tune. :(

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
678 Posts
My experience of JohnWR is that he can be rather dry, like a good white wine.

that being said he is completely correct. Please follow the directions precisely. This is the one thing you do not want to rush.
You could (small chance but still) really make your car inoperable. You are rewriting a lot of engine critical data.

trust me, it will be worth the wait the first time you get to drive it :)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Well, was intended as a good natured chop busting but this being the internet, who knows what direction it will lead?
:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, a few drives after installing the Trifecta tune I was driving the car about 70 on the interstate and she had a reduction in power all of the sudden. The CEL blinked and then blinked again and stayed on. Now it's idling rough. I tried to check the OBD codes but my bluetooth OBD reader no longer works! I tried a friends and his didn't either! I checked the fuse and it was fine, but i changed it anyway - no change. Still no OBD reader working. :mad:
The only thing that did work was the Trifecta cable and software. Perhaps because it's externally powered?
Has anybody ever fixed this problem before?

Here's the codes.
p2626
p0300
p0301
p0303
p0304
p0302
p2297

so misfiring on all cylinders and some other goodies.
Did i just waste 600$ on this tune, or is there some other problem? What do you folks think?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Sounds like you need to call Trifecta and have them adjust the tune. Which they will do as part of your purchase.

p2626 - The P2626 code is a generic powertrain code related to computer circuit output issues. This code appears when the engine control module (ECM) has received a voltage signal from oxygen sensor number 1 pumping current trim circuit for bank 1 that is not within the accepted variances.
p0300 - P0300 indicates that two or more cylinders are experiencing misfires
p0301
- P0301 indicates that cylinder number 1 is experiencing misfires.
p0303 - P0303 indicates that cylinder number 3 is experiencing misfires.
p0304
- P0304 indicates that cylinder number 4 is experiencing misfires
p0302 - P0302 indicates that cylinder number 2 is experiencing misfires
p2297
- P2297 means that the oxygen sensor (O2) has out of range sensor performance when the vehicle is decelerating for bank 1 sensor 1

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
You may (if you haven’t already) specify the octane you are running it on…

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm wondering if an O2 sensor is not working or was damaged when they installed the engine.
Also, the gas is 93 octane, ethanol free.
I've contacted DDM already. We'll see what they say.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts