Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today from the Pontiac Help line that my Sol was shipped yesterday. This was confirmed with the VMS sytem and DBC (both at the dealer). :)

Here is the question....... How much longer will I be waiting for the car to get to central Florida? (I'm guessing about 20 days +/-).

Any additional info (like which trucking company handles Florida, and contact info) would also be good.


Vin # 1294
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
The EOP guys took 30 & 31 days for their cars to arrive. I was a post EOP can my car took 18 days. So who really knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Despite seeing that your user id is FloridaSol, I still looked to see if you lived in the Northeast. Can you tell I want my car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
FloridaSol said:
I was told today from the Pontiac Help line that my Sol was shipped yesterday. This was confirmed with the VMS sytem and DBC (both at the dealer). :)

Here is the question....... How much longer will I be waiting for the car to get to central Florida? (I'm guessing about 20 days +/-).

Any additional info (like which trucking company handles Florida, and contact info) would also be good.


Vin # 1294
Congrats ! Good to see these cars with lower vins getting out.I think you could be right with the time frame. Between 20/30 days hard to tell.Go to the thread "tracking" you can get info there regarding trucking company. There are three listed, have you dealer call them . ( I don't think Jack Cooper goes to FL. The phone numbers are posted. Pay attention to post 20,23,26 and31.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Info. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
someone at the Pontiac help-line was actually able to track your car for you?? Seems like previous posts showed only dealers could track and even then the info was suspect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
solactor said:
someone at the Pontiac help-line was actually able to track your car for you?? Seems like previous posts showed only dealers could track and even then the info was suspect.
People at the Customer Service center "can" check your order, meaning that they have the capability to access VOMS. But after a while, they were getting so many calls, that they started telling people that they couldn't give out the information, that you needed to talk to your dealer instead.

For those people who have uncooperative dealers (like mine gets sometimes), the Customer Service line may offer to call your dealer and encourage them to give you this information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
My dealer in Tampa tells me that the cars are being brought by train to Tampa and then loaded onto trucks?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pure Law said:
My dealer in Tampa tells me that the cars are being brought by train to Tampa and then loaded onto trucks?????
Yes, They go to Lords Town Ohio from the plant by truck then from Ohio to Tampa by rail. Then by truck again to the dealer. From what I can find out it looks like this process takes about 20 to 30 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
My dealer in New Port Ritchey stated that my car was delivered to Tampa by Rail, but it has not been delivered yet. Therefore he assumes that :

a. The car is at the railhead in Tampa awaiting the special carrier to deliver the car.

b. The car is at the railhead in Tampa and on the special carrier awaiting other deliveries before leaving the railhead.

c. The car is already on the special carrier that has other Solstices and is traveling the state doing deliveries and just hasn't made it here yet

d. Has reached another dimension of time and space known as the twilight Zone!

My delivery date was to have been Oct. 24. I go out of town this weekend, so it will probably show up then.
CWH55
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Cusotmer Assistance

solactor said:
someone at the Pontiac help-line was actually able to track your car for you?? Seems like previous posts showed only dealers could track and even then the info was suspect.
I just called the Pontiac Customer Assistance number and the person there was very helpful in trying to help me find the status/whereabouts of my car. Unfortunately, the department he tried to contact that does the tracking closed at 2100hrs (EST). Missed them by about 4 minutes. He took my name and number and said the tracking folks will contact me tomorrow.

We'll see.....
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top