Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally changed my plugs on the Solstice and all I have to say is wow! My old plugs were shot it really needed them. It felt like when I would step hard on the gas before the car would surge a little but not anymore. Now she pulls hard all the way and I'm much happier with my car. I put Bosch Platinum +4's in. I also had an oil leak on my car and couldn't find it so I ordered a new plastic oil filter cap too. When I took the old one off the filter was crushed.. I'm assuming whoever changed it tightened it way to tight, So I put the new filter and cap in and no more oil leak! I found out all of the problems with my car now and I can tell its running a lot better. I also used Mobil1 oil. Just thought I'd share haha

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Sounds good. Just goes to show that those quick change oil places don't always do a great job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. Just goes to show that those quick change oil places don't always do a great job.
I think the previous owner did the oil change but he also bent the lower fender lifting it too. People should do a little research before they start turning wrenches lol

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I think they were originals haha so 101k. I planned on changing them right away but I drove the car for 1000 miles before I finally changed them.
In thinking back. At what mileage do you think you started noticing a drop in performance. I think they are not noted for replacement until the 100K mark. Seems a little unrealistic to me, but with all the computers controlling almost everything on the car. Who knows?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
In thinking back. At what mileage do you think you started noticing a drop in performance. I think they are not noted for replacement until the 100K mark. Seems a little unrealistic to me, but with all the computers controlling almost everything on the car. Who knows?
I replaced the plugs at 101,000 I worded it wrong. I bought the car with 100,000 and changed plugs at 101,000 and I didnt really notice loss in performance because I was new to the car but it felt like power would drop off a little during hard acceleration and now I dont feel any

1 - 8 of 8 Posts