Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, help me here. driving an NA with 40k miles occasionally geting the po301 code. Have replaced plug, replaced coil pack, checked compression (249 psi.), use premium high octane gasoline (shell). car runs great, idles great, sometimes just a very slight shuddering at idle but almost unnoticeable. Not really a miss. No other codes. What should I try next?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Swap the coil pack from #1 cylinder to another. See if the code follows the (possibly bad) coil pack. Ditto the sparkplug -- actually, check the #1 plug first!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Swap the coil pack from #1 cylinder to another. See if the code follows the (possibly bad) coil pack. Ditto the sparkplug -- actually, check the #1 plug first!
Did both of those and the code did not follow. Going to check the throttle body later today. Don't know where to go next except maybe a dirty injector. Any other ideas? The puzzle is that the car runs great. Good temps, good oil pressure, good battery and alternator voltages. I can clear the code and it may come back tomorrow and maybe not for a month or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
Check the pulleys and belts. The misfire detection looks for a regular vibration, and it can be external to the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with my luck, you're probably right.
I think I fixed it! Tried everything you guys suggested and nothing seemed to help. Finally unplugged the electrical connector on the #1 injector and replugged it. No more P0301!
Now a separate question. How long do injectors last? How often, if ever, should they be changed out?

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
I think I fixed it! Tried everything you guys suggested and nothing seemed to help. Finally unplugged the electrical connector on the #1 injector and replugged it. No more P0301!
Now a separate question. How long do injectors last? How often, if ever, should they be changed out?
Bosch and Delphi have both discussed injector life expectancy as being a billion cycles. The general consensus I have seen is that they will last as long as the car, unless they don't. So you would change one if it fails, and not on a regular schedule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts