Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just thinkin the other day....

all those states that used to use camaros as unmarked cop cars, i wonder if GM may consider having a police package for these so those states could use sols as unmarked cop cars.

(im thinking probably not, but what if....)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
man! it must be a really, really slow day for you!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I wonder if they aer going to use the new Impala SS as cop cars.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...tie em to the luggage rack!

swatthefly said:

all those states that used to use camaros as unmarked cop cars, i wonder if GM may consider having a police package for these so those states could use sols as unmarked cop cars.

And if they had to arrest you, where would you sit? Not in the passenger seat-it would be full of radio/computer/shotgun, etc. equip. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RichSol said:
And if they had to arrest you, where would you sit? Not in the passenger seat-it would be full of radio/computer/shotgun, etc. equip. :cool:
I had a ride with a state trooper, (just to investigate some vandalism on our property, nothing I did wrong) and had to sit in the back of his Crown Vic because front seat was full with laptop, shotgun, files, etc. If any of the neighbors saw me I'm sure they are still in wonder.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RichSol said:
well, we did hear rumers of a luggage rack... :glol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Highly doubt it. You may see one or two but that's it. It just wouldn't make a great police vehicle. A lot of agencies are looking at (and purchasing) Dodge Magnum's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I wonder if they aer going to use the new Impala SS as cop cars.

Close

·
Registered
56 Posts
swatthefly said:

4 cylinder wouldn't get the job done. would have to send them to Mallet first.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
L.A. cops wouldn't need any extra space. They shoot first and ask questions later ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
An unmarked police car isn't supposed to be attention-getting, so the Solstice is really the wrong car to pick.

Police interceptors are big on the real world street performance metric that really matters, too, that is, acceleration. The Solstice comes up a little short in that department, unfortunately.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bowling Green, Ky's police have a 'Vette in their fleet. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't care what car the police want to use so long as it is not a sol. Such a thing of beauty should never be defaced for such a purpose. :cuss:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts