Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

West Coast Solstice Club: which weekends can you NOT attend? VOTE FOR ALL THAT APPLY

• I cannot attend November 5/6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're scheduling the first West Coast Solstice Club meeting for mid to late October.

There is a large scheduling conflict with the Monterey Sports Car Championships (American Le Mans and Speed World Challenge Sports Car Championships, both of which are having their finals October 14/16)

So, if you have a conflict with one of the weekends, vote for the weekend during which you are not available.

The venu is currently set for the Central California Coast. Options discussed so far include San Simeon, Big Sur, and Monterey.

The original discussion can be viewed here:
link to: Solstice Club of America, southwestern area

·
4,592 Posts
I'm game, kinda depends on where (how far north), if a Sol will be there to see (finally), and if other plans come up. So, I'm kinda sorta in, that make sense?

The more it moves south, the better, but I know we're trying to do a so cal thing, let's see who wants to participate :)

I may be in Pismo Beach that weekend kinda already there in that case.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RODEO said:
I may be in Pismo Beach that weekend kinda already there in that case.
Which weekend? You didn't really say, did you? :confused:

I've discovered that rather than having people vote for their favorite weekend, it's far better to find out which weekend (or weekends) they CANNOT attend. That way, when you pick a date, you can exclude the fewest number of folks. ;)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I voted too soon. DW reminded me that we will be on a walkabout in the Grand Canyon until the 15th.

·
Registered
278 Posts
this poll was a really good idea, good thinking. this meeting is intended for all who are interested in discussing the startup of a south west solstice club spanning the whole of california, arizona, and nevada. eventualy i want to organize a national club. anyone interested is invited, and if transportation is an issue for anyone we can organize caravans.

Crimson Avenger said:
We're scheduling the first West Coast Solstice Club meeting for mid to late October.

There is a large scheduling conflict with the Monterey Sports Car Championships (American Le Mans and Speed World Challenge Sports Car Championships, both of which are having their finals October 14/16)

So, if you have a conflict with one of the weekends, vote for the weekend during which you are not available.

The venu is currently set for the Central California Coast. Options discussed so far include San Simeon, Big Sur, and Monterey.

The original discussion can be viewed here:
link to: Solstice Club of America, southwestern area

·
4,592 Posts
Any weekend should work, so I put no weekend is bad. Pismo is for some offroading, so I'd already be there.

Seems kinda early for a meet since so few sols are here yet, or am I the crazy one?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Ted Said...

RODEO said:
Any weekend should work, so I put no weekend is bad. Pismo is for some offroading, so I'd already be there.

Seems kinda early for a meet since so few sols are here yet, or am I the crazy one?
Like Ted said, it's an initial planning meeting. It will have to have some business stuff, bylaws, constitution, officer structure, terms of office, letters of incorporation, etc.

There should be a few folks who have their Solstices by then, so it'll also be a chance for those still waiting (for delivery or to plunk down their cash) to see them up close and personal.

Besides, the Pacific Coast Highway will be on the docket. :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the added precision...

tednelson83 said:
this poll was a really good idea, good thinking. this meeting is intended for all who are interested in discussing the startup of a south west solstice club spanning the whole of california, arizona, and nevada. eventualy i want to organize a national club. anyone interested is invited, and if transportation is an issue for anyone we can organize caravans.
Thanks for the added precision in the statement of purpose of the meeting. :)

Glad to help. I've been involved in enough "club scheduling" that I've gotten pretty good at it. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm from the SF Bay Area (Los Gatos) but I am currently serving overseas with the USAF. That being said, I really would like to be part of this. Crimson Avenger gets to vote my proxy (anti-Troll superhero!!!).

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it's kinda early for a meeting as so few of us will actually have our Sols by then. IMHO.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:

At least us mods will know we can breathe easy the weekend that you are at this meet! :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
At least us mods will know we can breathe easy the weekend that you are at this meet! :lol:
Don't rest too easy, we're there recruiting more souls......... :devil: :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
SD SOL said:
I think it's kinda early for a meeting as so few of us will actually have our Sols by then. IMHO.
well, as was stated, this is a get-down-to-buisness type meeting, and a chance for some of us with out sols yet to get up close and persional with those that have theres. i personaly dont expect mine untel well in to next year, unless they roll them out faster than they have.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Thanks for the added precision in the statement of purpose of the meeting. :)

Glad to help. I've been involved in enough "club scheduling" that I've gotten pretty good at it. ;)
well, im glad one of us knows what he's doing. i have founded a santa clarita Fiero club, which worked for little over a year, but never really took off. problem was that there was no real structure. it was more of just a local monthly fiero gathering. i want this one to be successfull, and hopefully take off nationaly, which is why im so glad to have people like CA so willing to help. with out all you volunteers this thing could never have any hope of taking off.

·
Registered
278 Posts
well, i just checked with the san simeon hotel. there group rates for 10 or more rooms are $59/ night, and regular rates are $79/night. these are weekend rates. we will need to decide on a couple possible dates, and i will present them to the hotel and cee if ther have any available for those nights. i will cross post to the other thread.

·
Registered
278 Posts
how does the november 5/6, or oct 22/23 weekend sound?

·
Registered
278 Posts
where will we meet?

Crimson Avenger said:
From the poll results so far, November 5/6 is the clear winner. We can watch to see if any more votes come in, but even O_A_G can attend if we do November 5/6
well, i will present that one first and cee if they have it, but i want to have an alternative just in case. also, do we want to use your place or mine? im open to both, though san simeon seems to be cheaper. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts