Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Do you want a removable hardtop?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you want a removable hardtop ? ( you can vote more than One choice)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want hardtop, one color fix all (tinted transparent glass)
I want hardtop, body matching color
No I want soft top only
I want both soft and hardtop
Don't care
I want the softtop can be removed so that I can store the hardtop in the trunk?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I voted for what I think I want, the last one wasn't so clear.

I want an option to buy a removable hardtop that I can replace my soft top, but store in the trunk in 5 minutes with 1 or 2 tools, or remove completely if I want to and store it in my garage (and take my chances with the rain).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I want an optional hard top. I want it to match the body color. And I want the soft top to be removable, but I don't care if the hard top can fit in the trunk. I want somehting like the S2000 or Miata that comes off and stores in my garage.

·
Registered
154 Posts
rolandchen said:
I want hardtop, one color fix all (tinted transparent glass)
I want hardtop, body matching color
I am not sure, having never owned a convertible before. But if the top is noisey and cold in the winter, I would think about investing in a hard top. I would only use it in the winter. The rest of the time I would rig a lift to hold it above the car in the garage.
I plan on puting stripes on my solstice, so I don't care if it is body colored or I have to paint it because it will likely get striped also.
I have another car to drive in the winter so it would not be high on the priority list, but I would certianly be interested.

·
Registered
55 Posts
d'oh i screwed up. can i change my vote?

in an ideal world, i'd want it to work like the corvette coupe (non z06). one panel that comes out and makes it almost like a convertible. when fixed in place, the car is essentially a coupe. removable piece stores in trunk.

·
4,592 Posts
I just want to freakin see a top :brentil:

OK, i want the option much like Brentil

welcome rolandchen!

RODEO

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
The same for me just as Brentil describe it.
Also like Rodeo, I like to see the freakin top.

·
4,592 Posts
I'll say it for everony, where's the top!!!!!!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:
I'll say it for everony, where's the top!!!!!!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Man, who let the troll on the forums again? :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
An OEM / aftermarket hardtop for a S2K is between 2-3K. Are you sure you want one for your Solstice?

·
Registered
527 Posts
If it doesn't come with one, I'll be making one. It'll go on in the winter, and the soft top will be removed at the same time. Have tools, will mod.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Removable body color hard top like the Miata is fine with me. It would have to allow easy access to the trunk though, otherwise, forget it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AeroDave said:
Removable body color hard top like the Miata is fine with me. It would have to allow easy access to the trunk though, otherwise, forget it.
Yeah, the rear swinging trunk is going to amke it difficult to make an addon hard top I bet.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I checked soft top only. I think it should be available with a removable hardtop as an option or an accessory, but I do not anticipate a need for it. I don't plan on using the car in the winter, and winter duty would be the only time I would really want the hardtop on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I voted for a hardtop. (my first post btw). This car would be a year round daily driver for me so a hardtop would be awesome for the winter. Actually, I would much rather have the Solstice as a coupe.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
krausescion said:
I voted for a hardtop. (my first post btw). This car would be a year round daily driver for me so a hardtop would be awesome for the winter. Actually, I would much rather have the Solstice as a coupe.
Welcome to the land of registered users!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is one of the main reasons I have switched from the Sol to the G6 Retractable Hardtop Convertible.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would LOVE a hard top that I can take off. I dont even care if I cant put it in the trunk. As long as it has a hatch so I can get in the trunk, I will just take it off and set it down at home and drive off HAPPY as long as it looks like the top on the Orange Concept car or the Opel.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts